1. Painful

"Well with graduation coming up and applying to college you must be very stressed."Caroline tried to make up excuses for her friend Elena.

"Caroline."Elena repeated to call her friend who was making up excuses to herself as they gathered into the Orginial's livingroom.

"It's gotta be it Elena. I mean seriously there is no other explaination."Caroline paced back and fourth.

"Caroline, I love Damon. I get he's a bad person but I don't judge him for what he's done. He might not be the perfect guy but Caroline I love him and that should be all that matters. You should be there for me not throwing his past in my face."Elena yelled frustrated at her blonde friend.

Caroline stopped her eyebrows raised in confusion as she thought about all that has happened to her. "Me? Seriously Elena?"She asked laughing slightly.

Stephen bit his lip knowing his best friend's thoughts. She was mad at Elena for judging her for even considering feels for the Hybrid that have killed millions yet fell inlove with a man who wasn't so different.

"Maybe we should talk about something else."Bonnie piped up not enjoying Caroline's next words. Caroline laughed bitterly shaking her head. "It's all about Elena. It's always about Elena."Caroline rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Elena looked at Caroline in shock. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"Elena asked confused oblivious to what happened around her.

"You are a self-centered bitch, Elena. Everyone in this room except the Originals have risked their life for you! I always put my friends before my own needs. It's so bad that I can't even act on my own feelings. I can't like Klaus because I'm scared of how you will take it but you can fall in love with Damon?"She asked.

Elena was speechless in search of the right words for her friend Caroline. She sat inbetween Bonnie and Damon puzzled at Caroline's confession.

Caroline accepted the silence as an answer. She swallowed the truth no matter how toxic it was to endure. "You know what, I think I would um, go hit the hay."Caroline sighed at how blind she could be.

"No, stay please love. I know you feel terrible right now but if anyone is going to leave I would start with my least favorite of the Mystic Falls Gang."Klaus spoke completely shocked with Caroline's confession.

He knew that she had some feelings for him but he wasn't sure if it was enough for her to actually like him and the fact that she admitted it to herself made him want to talk to her about it.

"Caroline, I'm sorry but I can't accept that. He's tried to kill me and all of us. He even planned to use you in the sacrifice, Care. I'm sorry."Elena frowned at her long term friend.

Caroline nodded a tear slidding down her face. Klaus immediately stood in front of her wiping her tear with his thumb. "He adores her. That should be the only thing that matters."Stephen advocated.

Caroline smiled at her best friend before turning to Elena. "He killed me, Jenna, should I go on?"She asked bitterly.

"Why can't you accept your friend? Why are you more concern with my past more than you are concerned with her happiness?"Klaus asked wrapping an arm around Caroline. The woman who has had him waiting a very long time to confess her love to him.

"Caroline, you deserve so much more. You deserve to be happy with someone who won't forget about you once he has you. What do you think will happen two years from now? Better yet ask Hayley about her one night stand with Klaus just last week."Elena blurted out.

Caroline froze from Klaus's hold. Klaus was infuriated at the doppleganger, oh how bad he wanted to rip out her throat. Elena instantly sat back under Klaus's hard gaze. She knew she went to far but whether Caroline realized it now or a century from now. Klaus wasn't the one for her.