78. Relaxed

"Morning."Kenneth greets Jessica as she makes her way to the kitchen. She doesn't say a word, at least not in that moment. Kenneth repeats once more his greeting followed by turning around to see her with earphones in.

"Jessica, I know there isn't any music playing through those."He chuckles. She finally looks up. "Good morning, Kenneth."She answers finally. He grabs his cup of warm blood from the  microwave and sips on it as it if was just a cup of fresh coffee.

"Got tired of sucking from the vein?"She asks nonchalantly as she takes out her ingredients for her smoothie. "Not quite. Just thought of my mom, seen some blonde woman last night and almost believed it was her."He answers with a shrug.

"But then, you never tried it. I'm sure even those without the vampire gene would enjoy it. It's much more sweet. Well, a strong pungent smell but it's just precociously right if the one you drink from digested mangoes."He adds causing her to glare at him.

"We should hang out, like old times. I mean, so that it won't be as awkward when we do our yearly hangout with my siblings. It is happening pretty soon."He suggests. "I didn't think you would want to hang out with us. I'm surprised. But, no. I don't want to watch you stalk humans then rip them to shreds in some alley."She declines.

He chuckles. "Woah, you make me sound like a monster."She sighs pouring her mango smoothie into her cup. "I'm not going to feed on someone in front of you, if that makes you feel any better. I'm actually thinking of us going to see a movie of your choice and maybe even some laser-tag. What do you say, Jessica?"He asks once more.

"Why are you doing this?"She asks suspiciously. "Doing what? Inviting my housemate for some Miami company?"He asks raising his arms up high.

"You're buying."She finally answers not able to take down laser-tag. That was something they used to force his siblings to join in back when they were in their preteen years. The only ones who actually enjoyed it was her and Kenneth. Hope and Claire on the other hand...They had to be bribed big time.

-

"How are your classes?"Kenneth asks her as they stroll along the sidewalk in the middle of the city. "They're great. Kenneth, can I ask you something?"She pauses turning to face him. He observes her soft pink lips and watches a remaining curl that she missed from her bun slightly swings from the push of the wind.

"Yes, Jessica. What is it?"He asks. She bit her lip puzzled. Within his stance was no laughter. He seemed to be fully content. His face showed that he was serious, no hint of laughter coming from his expression. "I"She begins. His eyes left the eyes of her own and seeped to her lips.

It was something that he could never stop looking at. Beside her hair, her lips topped his second interest. "When were you going to tell me that you're humanity is on? How do you even actually feel? Why the mask?"She bombards him with questions. What was there for her to really say?

"So, you wish for me to fall for you, again? You wish for me to show you how I actually feel about you? How I will always feel about you, just so you can do what, Jess? Deny what we have? God, Jessica. My own mother denied her and father's relationship. She was afraid to and look at all the trouble she put them through?"He pauses realizing how loud he was yelling.

"I hated my father, Jessica. I saw him as everyone who knew of him did. He was this monster who I felt at any moment would hurt my own mom! You women drive me mad, when you push away those who love you endlessly, you end up alone. Alone, Jess! Then, you wait for years to go by, maybe even ten. Then boom, you guys build a relationship. One that was meant to be all along."Tears streamed down her eyes but she never stopped him.

"I've been in love with you every since I first laid eyes on you. My love has never stopped. And you still are afraid, you let these men who will bounce you off walls have your heart before you give me a damn chance! Well, Jessica Michell. I won't ever stop loving you, that's established."He licks his grabbing her arms and pulling her close.

His mouth was to her ear. The one part he wouldn't want others around them to hear. "I won't wait a decade, I won't wait half of one. I'm not my father, Jessica. I won't waste my time on a woman who doesn't even love herself enough to know when something good is right in front of her."He whispers.

He pulls away, his rant finished. Her breath was uneven. "Of course he was right."She thought to herself. "You're mother did love your father back, as I have always loved you."She agrees silently. 

"Exactly, and my dad missed my first words and first steps. Frankly, there isn't anyone in this world that I would even consider having kids with other than you."He responds softly.

"Kenneth, you can live forever. It took your dad centuries to find the love of his life. How are you so sure about me? Why don't you think it may take you centuries?"She asks him.

"My father had that talk already. The things he said he felt when he first saw my mom are no different than how I felt about you. Look, Jess."He sighs.

"I don't believe in soulmates. I don't believe that there is some man upstairs who automatically destines who we are to be with. I do know however, we work amazing together. You were an orphan almost all your life, yet you stayed in New Orleans?"He asks.

"Come on, Jessica. We can work out whatever may come of us. I will always remain loyal to you and only you before anyone else in this world."He promises. She chews her lip. "I'm going to grow old and die one day."She adds on even another excuse. "You have the option not to."He answers her immediately.

Her eyes widen at what he meant by such. She scoffs at such an idea. "Me? A hybrid? I can barely control my werewolf side."She frowns to him. "Are you serious? Jessica, I have this feeling that you do everything in your power to manipulate me."He looks at her in astonishment.

"The whole world doesn't see me in those blue eyes of yours, Kenneth Mikaelson."She looks down to the pavement. "And I wouldn't wish them to. All I know at this very moment is that I'm crazy about you. I've always been, Jess. Do you want to wait decades to make us both happy or can you squeeze me in thirty years earlier?"He asks her.

She pulls him close this time. Her lips smashes onto his. Their lips moved in sync during the night. "Yes, Kenneth. I won't wait a day longer."She smiles widely pulling him in once more. "I've missed you, Kenneth Mikaelson."She sighs into his warm embrace.