Chapter 1: The first dreaded day of school

Date: 19th October, 2013

Time: 7:30 A.M

Status: Waiting for the damn school bus

Dear diary,it’s that day again, it’s the day most kids eagerly await because they’re bored of staying at home and having fun with no teachers to worry about, to those kids, I quote my best friend,  “Seriously!? What kind of idiots are you?!”

Everybody says that a few days after summer vacation starts, you get “school sick”, I don’t understand why everybody has a problem with staying at home, I’d rather spend my summer playing hours of Lunaria Story and watching the repeats of all my favourite anime shows than going to school and facing my mortal enemy……a creature so foul and evil only a few gifted souls have managed to overcome it, this sinister and cruel being goes by only one name….”Algebra”

I don’t know how I’m going to handle all the drama

 Gotta go, talk to you later!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Time: 11:30 A.M

Status: Bored out of my wits in homeroom

So, the first day of my sophomore year and I’m already upset, they shuffled all our classes and, wait, most of you probably don’t know what I mean, see, at our school they put us in groups in kindergarten, and you have all your classes with the exact same group of people, till middle school that is, then they put us in new groups every year and they do the same in high school as well.  The teachers say they do it to  help us become friends with everyone in our year, but the only reason they do it is to make us focus more on our schoolwork.

And in the first grade we’re each put into different houses, so that we can have inter-house competitions, there are four houses, St. Agnes, St. Margaret, St. Rita and St. Theresa.  I belong in St. Agnes,……………… how do they tell which house you belong to? We have our school emblem embroidered onto our uniform in the colour of our houses, blue for Agnes, green for Margaret, yellow for Rita and red for Theresa, and our uniform is a black pleated knee-length skirt, a full sleeve white shirt with the school emblem, a black tie and a black waistcoat.

There’s a lot of rivalry between the houses, but it’s all in good spirit. 

Anyway they shuffled our “groups” again and I hate my class already, it’s filled with either nerds or  divas, both of whom I don’t really get along with.

Nicki’s stuck in class B while I’m in A, right, I forgot to tell you about my BFF Nicole, or Nicki for short, she and I have been friends since first grade, but both of us have been in different classes since middle school, she has light brown shoulder length layered hair and hazel eyes, and she’s an inch shorter than me. She’s been popular ever since middle school because she had a trendy hairstyle, and great fashion sense, (I've always been a little jealous of her). But since high school, her popularity had skyrocketed, because Nicki had taken an interest in gymnastics after watching a TV show, and she’d been practising her moves and later discovered that she had a talent for hip hop. So after joining the inter-house “group freestyle dance competition” and coming in second place she became so popular that she had gained a “fan” among the juniors.    

What’s a “fan”? A fan is a somebody from one of the lower classes who has something of a girl crush on you, they complement you, blush whenever your name comes into a convo, they ask your friends about you, buy you a gift for your birthday even though they’re not your friends………………how I wish I had one….

So anyway, as I was saying, I have absolutely no friends in my new class…..and I have no freaking idea about how I’m going to survive.

~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Time: 2:30 P.M

Status: Waiting for the clock to show 2:35, so that I can leave this god forsaken prison

To add to my troubles, the school has decided to start what they call “the buddy project”, I call it “the kill me now project”

According to “the kill me now project”  each sophomore is randomly given charge of one junior, we’re supposed to show them the ropes, help and support them when they need it, and we’re supposed to eat lunch with them once a week, and spend at least an hour with them each week, lunch included….thankfully!

This project is to promote friendship and sisterhood between the sophomores and juniors, cause last year there was this huge fight between both and it definitely wasn’t pretty…

I still don’t know who I’ll get for my buddy, but the way my luck’s going I’ll probably get some nerd who does nothing but study, study and you guessed it…study. If you couldn’t tell already I’m a pessimist and I hate STUDYING, SCHOOL AND BANANAS!  

Author’s Note: So this is the first chapter, and I know it sucks……….it’s all kind of mish-mashed and doesn’t really connect…….. so I’m really sorry, I’m thinking of discontinuing it, but if you could give me some suggestions and feedback, I’d really appreciate it, if you’re confused about anything you can ask me, and I’d really appreciate some comments,………..so please? J