Chapter 4: Possibly the last Chapter

Chapter 4:

Sly's plan was simple; Sly had seen that there was a nearby temple which was used as a museum, open to all the citizens of Greece and anyone could enter the building and look at the artefacts inside. The gang were to go into the temple and look for the artefact that could take them home. Sly would go look around inside whilst Bentley and Murray were to remain on the rooftops and watch what was happening. Although it seemed simple there was a lot of guards inside and outside of the building which meant that if anyone of them messed up, the guards would be alerted and they would be thrown in jail with little chances of getting home. They decided to do it the following day as it was nearing to night and the museum would be closing up soon and also they were getting pretty tired from the teleporting.

The gang didn't know what to do in Greece. They knew that there was no place for the three of them to stay, to eat or anything. They looked in their pockets for any money but found that they only had a couple of pennies which probably couldn't even buy them a bit of bread. The gang decided to go for a wonder around Greece to see what it was like and see if there was anyone who could help. The gang didn't want to stray to far from the museum incase they couldn't find it again which would have meant that they weren't able to get home. The gang walked around for a little bit and fell in love with the Greek culture. The white buildings and the water fountains really brightened up the place. The trees around contrasted the white buildings around them and the whole place looked beautiful. Bentley had a brainstorm and wondered if they could explain their current situation to the receptionist of a hotel. They would have to see if they would let them stay there. Sly nodded and told them that it was worth a shot.

They walked to the nearest hotel and walked inside. The hotel was called 'The Greek Palace' which from the title made the place seem really fancy. The place was beautiful! The inside had white chiselled stone flooring and walls with little pictures on the walls. There were pillars with little sketchings and a little waterfall built into the wall. They walked up to the front desk and explained their situation to the receptionist but she scoffed at what she had just been told a mocked them.
"Do you expect me to believe you three? The Gods would never send people back in time." Sly asked to see the manager of the building and the receptionist went to get the manager. Before she left she told them that the manager probably wouldn't believe them either but the gang thought it was worth a shot. A few minutes later the receptionist returned with a man stood in a long robe and appeared to be a raccoon just like Sly. Sly looked at the man and saw it was Slytunkhamen. Sly was relieved that it was him and not someone else. It also meant that the gang didn't have to explain their situation all over again as it had already been done. Slytunkhamen's face lit up when he saw Sly and the gang.

After the touching reunion, the gang were given individual rooms with ensuite bathrooms and a complimentary breakfast. Slytunkhamen said that they could have all this for the answer to just one question; what was the future like? Skytunkhamen hadnt had chance to ask them earlier as he had to get back to the hotel as there was someone important to see him. The gang began to explain what the present day was like the last time they saw it. They explained that the buildings were no where as pretty as the ones here, they were all dark and grey (Gray) and that there was a lot more people and that the crime rate was slowly increasing but not hugely as there was Sly, Murray and Bentley to stop it. They explained that in the future there were cars that were used as transportation and that there were a lot more people in the world. Slytunkhamen just looked so fascinated by how much the world had changed within a good few millenniums. After them talking of the future, the gang decided to get some food from the resturant if that was alright with Skytukenhamen of course. Skytukenhamen nodded his head and told them to help themselves to whatever they needed.

During the night in which they stayed in the hotel, Sly kept on having worrying thoughts about him and the rest of the gang not being able to get home and being stuck in Greece but he knew that he should be optimistic about things and not worry about what was to come. Though no matter Sly tried to convince himself that things were going to be alright he kept having the thought that the artefact was just a cube and had no ability to take the gang back to their era. He knew that tomorrow he would have the thought of disbelief in the back of his mind.

Sly and the gang thanked Slytunkhamen so much the following morning for letting them stay in his hotel over night. Slytunkhamen told them that it was no problem and that they were welcome to stay anytime that they needed. The trio walked out of the hotel doors and headed towards the front doors to the museum. In front of them stood two big brown doors. The time was 9.59 and the doors were due to open in one minute. This was the moment of truth, the moment where they would find out if they would be able to get home. The clock chimed 10 and the doors ahead opened like the gate of heaven opening. Whilst the gang were back in the hotel room they planned exactly where they were going to be and exactly what was going to occur. They had been told that the artefact was supposed to look like a grey (gray) cube. (Picture will be above) Bentley had drawn out what he interpreted the cube to look like and told Sly to keep a look out for the cube drawn. The plan was that Sly would locate the cube and report it back so then a note could be made of it and the gang could find it later. As soon as the cube was located then Sly would have to come out of the museum and they would return at night where there were no civilians. Bentley would crack any security issues and Murray was to help Sly steal the cube by any means necessary.

Sly walked into the building whilst leaving Bentley and Murray on the roof watching Sly's movement. Sly walked down every corridor, into every room and looked though every artefact case until he found the artefact. It was on the top floor of the museum and lots of people were crowded around it. As soon as he spotted it, he knew that when they came back later when it closed that this mission just got a whole lot harder. When Sly was walking out he looked and saw that the museum closed at 6 tonight so it meant that it would be like trying to walk on water, impossible. However nothing is impossible for a Cooper so that meant that there was a small glimpse of hope.

--------------------------------------------------------

Yeah the title explains it all. Like I said in my 'Diary of a Conduit' I'm just not feeling as connected to the franchise like I used to be. On the other hand theres apparently a Sly Cooper movie coming out at some point eekkkk! Anyways gonna break this into two parts so then it kinda bulks the book out a bit as I realised that there isn't that many parts to the book! I'll get rid of the authors notes so the book flows a little bit more! Sorry for any errors! Thank you for reading and make sure to vote!