Chapter 2

As I ran into the jungle, I could hear Tia tell those men to come and catch me. Why would she do that? Then again, she did just slap me. Oh well, I don't care. I just need to make sure they can't catch me. At least I have my weapons, which consists of a bow, four daggers, cutlass, two pistols, and a whip. I could easily take them out with my whip. And those who don't get struck by it I can shoot. This is gonna be fun! I thought to myself as I jumped over a small stream heading out to the ocean. I dodged several vines and jumped over logs as I made my way further inland. I was planning on making my way up one of the mountains but then decided not to because of the Pelogastas. The sun was just beginning to rise and as I trotted through the jungle, I could see several animals peeking their heads out of their homes to see what had awoken them from their peaceful slumber. I smiled softly to myself as I remembered all the times I had helped some of the animals out. I was always a big fan of nature, even when I lived.... there. As I slowed myself down to a steady walk, I tried to rid myself of the memories and focus more on the men that were after me. They were all pirates, that much was for sure. But there were two who stood out the most. The man standing at the front of the group and the man standing part-way behind him. The first one was handsome. His dreaded hair reaching for his shoulders and his dark chocolate eyes are what stood out to me the most. And then there was the other man. He looked so familiar, it stabbed my memory of my younger self. It couldn't possibly anyone from there though, the only person who really cared for me was Will. Then again, the man did look like an older version of Will. But what would he be doing with a bunch of pirates? Last time I checked he absolutley despised them! Then again, I haven't seen him in years. I was abruptly brought out of my thoughts as I heard a branch snap. I quickly jerked my head around to find the group of men maybe a hundred yards behind me. How did I let them get this close! I could be dead! Great job on keeping your senses alert, Victoria. I scolded myself. I swiftly turned back around and started my ascend up a nearby tree. I knew I couldn't outrun them, so at the time, this was the next best thing. I quickly made my way up to a large branch and started planning my ambush.

Jack Sparrow's P.O.V

  Me and my crew were soon in the jungle and already you could feel an eerie auora creep its way up your back. We all glanced at each other and around us, silently debating on who would go first. 

   "I'll go first. I've had some experience in tracking before." Will bravely suggested, although I could see the nervousness in his eyes. As it turned out, I wasn't the only one who had heard Tia Dalma's warning.

   "Well go on then, mate. We haven't got all day!" I encouraged. I was interested to see how well he did as I also wanted to see what that beautiful maiden had in store for us. We were soon in the middle of the jungle when Will abruptly stopped and all of us nearly ran him over. "What the Hell did you stop for? Come on!" I told him.

   "I'd be quiet if I were you Sparrow, do you see this?" He asked, as he pionted down at the ground. I looked, and saw nothing.

   "Am I supposed to see something besides the ground Turner?" I spat back at him, slightly annoyed.

    "As a matter of fact, yes you are. The ground has been slightly disturbed up until this point. Now, you can barely see where that lady has been. Everyone needs to be extra careful as to not touch things that would make any noise. She has clearly been in the woods before." He snapped at me. Not a second after we started walking again, some idiot stepped on a branch. We all froze to our spot and slowly we turned around to find Regetti looking down with wide eyes at his right foot bearing down on the branch. "You might as well just shoot us now because you probably just sent us all to our death." Will scolded him. I immediatley started looking around to see if I could see her anywhere. I couldn't find anything that shouted, 'I'm over here! Look over here!' to me and that just made me even more worried. If what Will and Tia said is true, we are all doomed. But at least you'll get close to her, and maybe even get to fight her. Or, she might just fall for you're devilish good looks and collapse into your arms! This thought lightened the mood a bit. As we were walking, everyone was looking around to make sure we weren't being followed, even though we were supposed to be following her.