Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Jae woke up early, feeling energised and eager to go to school. Usually, she was drowsy and lifeless on Mondays. She got dressed in her normal preppy clothes, she still had to fool the rest of the school. She went downstairs and passed her brother.

"That was a nice thing that you did for that girl." he said with a twinge of bitterness in his voice.

"I know." she replied, she could tell he was trying to annoy her.

There's no way I'm going to let him ruin my day.

Jae ate her breakfast quickly and almost ran out of the house.

When she got to school, she saw Jack being swarmed by girls. She was about to walk away when she heard him call her name. He picked her up and kissed her happily, ignoring the girls. He let her down and turned to the girls,

"Most parents teach their kids not to start fights, but I have no parents so if you touch my girl, you know what'll happen, right?" Jack asked the girls as they gave threatening looks to Jae. "Right, girls?" Jack caught their attention and they all nodded.

"You'll have a problem with me too." Zayne said, coming up behind them. The girls jumped and they eventually went away.

"You wont hurt them, will you?" Jae asked.

"Of course not. They'll believe anything I say." Jack said with a laugh. The three started towards the school when Jessie, Nathan, and Tyler joined them.

"What's up, Tiffany?" Jessie said and laughed.

"Nothing much, Alison." They all laughed as they walked down the hallway.

"Tiffany! Hey, can I talk to you?" Yolanda asked.

"Sure." Jae answered and parted with the group.

"Did you leave those tickets in my locker yesterday?" she asked.

"Yeah." Jae answered.

"How did you get them?" Yolanda asked, amazed.

"You really want to know?" Jae said quietly.

"Yes!" Jae pulled Yolanda to the lockers and took off her glasses. Yolanda recognised her instantly and gasped but Jae covered her mouth.

"Listen, you can't tell anybody, okay."

"I wont, I swear." Yolanda promised

"Thank you." Jae said.

"No, thank you, Kayden had another surgery on Saturday. The cancer's gone now."

"Oh, tell her I'm her second biggest fan."

"Who's the first?"

"You, duh!"

"Oh, yeah, right. Thanks again." Yolanda hugged Jae and they caught up to the others in the hallway.

 ---

"See you guys tomorrow!" Jae said and went home.

Her dad greeted her when she returned.

"Hey, I'm really proud of what you did for that little girl and I've decided to let you go back to private school." he said.

"Nah, I like it better the way it is now." she replied.

"Really? I thought you didn't want to go at first." He said and lifted an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I changed my mind." Jae turned and started up the stairs, but she turned around half way, she ran back down and hugged her dad.

"Thanks for making me go. I love you, dad."

(A/N: And the story comes to an end.:( Remember to vote and share and check some of my other stories! Luv yah! -Simi<3)