Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - Work

"Jae! Jae!" Jack came running down the hall after Jae.

"What is it?" she turned to face him.

"Did Joseph tell you?" he breathed hard.

"Tell me what? About the song?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm just so excited, it's so soon, so fast, it's so unreal, it's amazing, I justー" Jack was cut off when Jae wrapped her arms around his shoulders and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her back. He melted into her like butter on a hot knife.

Jae smiled, "I'm so proud of you, bro." she said and he picked her up as he kissed her. At that moment, they both felt complete... until the others arived.

"Hey! No public displays of affection allowed inthis hallway!" Tyler teased and smiled at the two.

"You make a good pair." Zayne said, a cold bitterness was in his sarcastic remark.

"You're lucky, I could never date someone that pretty." Tyler said and Jae blushed slightly.

"Yeah, he's right, who would want to date that?" Jack said and Tyler hit him.

"Where's Jessie?" Nathan asked.

"In the dance studio with everyone else." Jae answered and looked up at Jack, he smiled and they followed Nathan into the dance room.

When they walked in, Nathan saw Jessie and another guy talking, he made the guy out to be Ryan from Height as he got closer, as he had lost his glasses the other day. They were smiling and laughing, Nathan felt jealousy rising in his stomach, but then he remembered Alison from school. Why did he like both if them so much? He had to pick one soon, but who? He definitely wasn't the kind to cheat, one girl was enough for him. Jessie smiled at him as he approached and made room on the bench for him.

So this guy isn't a boyfriend I guess, he thought, relieved.

"Ryan, this is the rookie, Nathan, he's really talented." she said.

"Their song is alright for a debut." Ryan said and left.

"Don't mind him, he's like the others, they don't like rookies." Jessie explained.

"Do you?" Nathan asked.

"Do I what?" Jessie asked, confused.

"Like rookies?"

"Yeah." Jessie said and Nathan smiled.

MEANWHILE

"Where were you?" Venice asked, "You're always late for everything, Jae."

Jae looked down at her feet then at Jack. "We were...ummm...I was..."

"Can I talk to you alone, Jae?" Not waiting for an answer, Venice grabbed Jae's wrist and took her into the hallway.

"You can't do this, Jae."

"Do what?"

"You know what I mean."

"Venice, it doesn't matter."

"Yes it does. Do you remember what Joe says about that?"

"Are you kidding me? Since when did you ever listen to Joe?"

"This is not about me. You can't date a rookie."

"So that's what this is about? He's a rookie, he's unworthy, he knows nothing, right?"

Daniel opened the door and immediately took Jae's hand away from Venice.

"Jae has a right to like this guy, it's their business if the fans don't like it. Let it go, Ven." Venice sighed and went back into the room. Daniel hugged Jae.

"I want you to know that I support you, no matter what." Daniel said and Jae nodded.

"Thanks, bro." they went back into the studio together.

"I'm sorry." Jack said as Jae set her bag down in the dressing room.

"Why?" Jae looked up, puzzled.

"I put you in a bad position, I mean, I...I don't have...the right to...to..." he stuttered, looking guilty.

"Jack, you have every right to love me just as I have the right to love you. My brother was just born an asshole, nothing personal." she smiled and took his hand.

"Okay. I was just worried that, you know, your brother wouldn't like me." he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"He doesn't like you, but what he thinks doesn't matter." Jack nodded.

"Don't leave me, Jae, please. I couldn't let you go if I tried. I've never felt like this before with any other girl and trust me, I've met a lot of girls." he swept the hair out of Jae's eyes and discovered the deep blue eyes hiding behind the brown strands.

Yeah, I know you have five girls hanging around with you all day.

"I wont. I wont. Never. I promise." for the first time, she actually meant what she said. She stepped up on her toes to kiss him. He was much taller than her, and most of his group members.

This kissing thing is really addictive...

His gentle hold on her hips made her feel safe, a rare feeling especially with the the fame following her everywhere except school, which was ironically the place that he hated her.