What -The- Hell- 1: Right where I should be.

"Watch out!"

Why is it when people scream for you to watch out you somehow end up looking around like an idiot instead of taking their advice? While I look around like a retard instead of attempting to avoid whatever mysterious thing I'm supposed to be watching out for, I get smacked dead in the face by a soccer ball.

I blink away the stars I see and press the back of my hand to my forehead.

"Perfect way to start the first day, get hit in the face by a ball." I mutter to myself.

A tall umber haired boy is jogging toward in a bright yellow shirt and jeans. He squats down to pick up the fallen black and white ball and if I'm not mistaken he snickers before standing up.

"You alright there?"

I squint against the sun light and drop my hand from my forehead.

"Did you just laugh at me?"

"Hmm?," he points at himself and looks around a little. "Me?"

I raise an eyebrow at him and nod my head.

"You are the only one standing here with a ball in your hand that happened to hit me in the face. So do you mind answering my question?"

His bright blue eyes twinkle in amusement as his lips curve into a smile.

"Yes, I did laugh at you but only because of how it looked." He starts to laugh at my eyes narrowing. "Maybe if you would've flinched or tried to move I could've held it in, but you just kind of stood there and took it."

I adjust my bag on my shoulder and cock my head to the side, completely unamused.

"You would think someone responsible for smashing someone else's face in with a soccer ball would at least apologize before laughing at them. I don't know about you but I consider that the courteous thing to do."

The guy tucks his lips into his mouth to keep from laughing again, he nods and cradles the ball under his arm.

"You're absolutely right, that should've been the first thing I did; I'm sorry."

"Damn right you're sorry." I mumble and start walking away from him toward the main building of the campus.

I hear him chasing after me followed by his hand grasping my bicep, stopping me in my tracks.

"Hold on a minute-"

I look down at his hand and back up to him pointedly.

"Oh, now you're going to wrinkle my shirt?"

Rude boy drops his hand to his side with his lips screwed up like he's holding back another laugh.

"Nope, I thought I'd make sure you don't have a concussion."

I smile tightly at him without bothering to hide my irritation.

"Thankfully, I'm walking away with only a burning face. Now if you don't mind I have somewhere to be."

I saunter off without waiting for a reply to hold onto my dignity and swallow the twinge of embarrassment inside. I can feel the nameless boy's eyes burning a hole into my back but I choose to ignore it and continue down the sidewalk. I admire the scenery on my way to the five story glass building ahead of me, the way the palm trees are alligned along the path gives me a sense of relaxation. The tall standing trunks with their large green leaves swaying in the gentle breeze of the spring time air, the sun sitting high in the sky casting a bright yellow tint down upon the beachy plants. There is definitely nothing like spring time in Miami. I fell in love with Florida the second I moved here and already I knew I would never move away. Two months in this great state and I am dead set on dying here.