What -The- Hell- 3: Hangover blues

I totally regret it. Going out with Eliza last night was the worst decision I have ever made, in all of my life. First of all, when we got to the club, there was a line around the corner; second, Eliza made me flirt with the bouncer to get in ahead of everyone else, and that wasn't even worth it because we had been waiting outside for so long, it wasn't even free anymore. The cover charge was freaking $30! On the way to the bar, Eliza spotted some of her guy friends and they bought us drinks all night. Here's the problem with that, I am a beer drinking type of gal and occassionally I'll take a shot of whiskey, but I don't do really hard liquor.

These guys were buying me crap I've never heard of, vodka-tonic, incredible hulk, gargoyle's lunch, screw driver, blue hooter, alabama slammer, agent orange, tie me to a bedpost, jager bomb, fuck me silly... I drank so much I went cross eyed! The rest of the night after that is a blur and I distinctly remember waking up in the bushes outside my condo complex. Eliza wasn't nearly as bombed as I was because she's used to hard liquor, she spent half the night looking for me and found me at sunrise in the shrubbery. How I got in the bushes? I have no idea and I don't really want to know either. I stumbled upstairs with her help and then puked my guts up, layed down to sleep at nearly 7 am and then woke at 9:30 with a splitting headache.

I have the hangover of the millenium and what's worse is I can't take a shot to cure it. Thanks to those stupid guys, I have no idea what liquor was in the drinks they gave me, aside from the vodka-tonic! I am currently dragging into my classroom with the classic hangover shades, the cup of coffee, the unruly messy bun on top of my head, and the semi- appropriate outfit. A dark blue long sleeved sweater with a white undershirt, black skinny jeans and white flats. My head hurt way too much to tug it into a hair tie, so I have the bun pinned with a chinese chopstick. I heave a heavy sigh and drop my bag onto my desk, take off my sunglasses and flop down in my desk chair. But just my luck, I flop a little too hard and my coffee jumps out of my cup and spills onto my sweater.

I stand up from my chair urgently and set the coffee down, I peel the sweater away from my body to keep the scalding hot liquid from seeping through.

"Shit, shit, shit! Son of a bitch." I swear aggravated.

"Whoa, you alright?" I turn to find Emanuel coming into my room, Gosh he looks even more attractive than he did yesterday! Clad in a black button down and navy blue slacks, his matching navy tie is hung loosely around his neck.

I shake my head and look down at my brown stained sweater.

"I'm having the best day of my life." I make sure to grumble sarcastically.

Emanuel, in all his fine glory, saunters deeper into the room to get a better look.

"Oh, the dreaded coffee spill, that guarentees a bad day. Here let me help you with that."

He comes behind my desk and pushes my chair out of the way, I turn my back to my desk and face him. I'm still holding the fabric away from my body as he slips his hands under the wet sweater, he begins lifting the sweater up and I hold up my arms to help. The neckline of the garment is a little tight and Emanuel struggles to get it over my head, in the process of wiggling it off, my chopstick comes out. Finally, the sweater comes off my head and my hair tumbles down around my shoulders. I see the light again, but I also see how close Emanuel and I are standing, if I were to lean forward a little we would be touching. The smell of his cologne awakens my senses and I can now feel the heat radiating from his body to mine. I can't help but wonder why he hasn't moved away yet, he is staring down at me intently while I stare right back up at him.

I watch his lips part, with the urge to touch them, he speaks.

"You smell like coffee."

I crack a smile, happy for the humor to break the tension I was feeling. Not the bad tension either.