What-The-Hell- 2: New people, new perspective.

Women can be so childish sometimes and it astounds me endlessly, some don't grow out of the high school phase no matter how old they get. Take this particular moment for example, I am carrying my bag of breakfast through the halls of my building, on my way to my classroom and I am being stared down by the female faculty members. I can recognize that they are judgmental stares but I am not quite sure whether they are directed at my clothing, my breakfast or my hair, but I wouldn't doubt its all three of them put together. Despite my discomfort and growing frustration, I put on a bright smile as I make eye contact with every one of them. It's almost as if they joined together this morning and planned out one another's outfits, they were tucked away into their lady suits of pale boring colors. Ha, and they have the nerve to look at me like I'm the one who's crazy.

With my head held high and my chest poked out and my Jack-n-the box bag clutched in my hand, I strut down the hall away from them and duck into my classroom. I mutter to myself while taking my boxes of french toast sticks out and setting them on my desk, along with my syrup and hash brown nuggets.

"Stupid, rude, old women staring at me like I'm from another planet, hanging outside their doors to turn their noses up at me and judge. Why don't you worry about your own job and tend to your students instead of focusing on me you dumb brods." I ramble bitterly, and low as I snatch my bottle of orange juice out of my bag.

"I ask myself that same bitter, mumbled question everytime I step foot into this place." A deep voice surprises me.

I whip my head in the direction of my doorway, my hair swings around my shoulders and flies into my face. I go numb for a moment while I take in his appearance, I'm stunned at how attractive he is. This man is nothing but man in front of me, his muscular and sturdy build is covered up by a light blue dress shirt, it is worn without a tie and the top three buttons undone. His sleeves are rolled up to the elbow in a careless way and the beige slacks he is wearing are cuffed at the bottom. His face holds a rugged and scruffy look that is painfully alluring, the dark dirty blonde stubble along his jaw and chin and above his lips matches the short curly hair on his head. I find my eyes keep darting from his full pale pink lips to his deep teal blue eyes.

I shake myself out of checking him out and blink three times.

"I'm sorry what?"

Again my eyes find his lips as they turn up into a smile, his chuckle reaches my ears and I force my eyes back to his. He leans off the frame of the doorway and saunters into the classroom.

"I heard your agitated rant about some dumb brods on my way in," He tells me and stops in front of my desk. "ignore them though, it's petty jealousy."

I nod my head slowly and push my hair back, barely realizing it is all over my face.

"Right, I was thinking the same thing." I lie not wanting to admit I lost my entire train of thought upon his entering.

The good looking man extends his large hand to me over the desk, I take it eagerly and shake it firmly, but I worry my small hand will break in his grasp as he squeezes tightly.

"Emanuel Cage, I'm your neighbor."

My eyebrows go up in surprise when he says this.

"Really?" I didn't know I had neighbors in my condo complex.

He smiles again and nods his head in the direction of the door.

"Yeah, I teach the conversational French class in 701."

Realization dawns on me and I can't help but feel like a complete air head, I notice I'm still holding onto his hand too. I retract it slowly and clear my throat.