The Team Was There For Me

When the trainers told us the EMS arrived I grabbed his things from his locker. He looked so upset and destroyed. When I came back from grabbing his stuff he had actual tears running down his face. I'd never seen him cry so I knew he must be really hurt. The EMS helped him get to a gurney. Once he saw me he covered his face as if he didn't want me to see him cry.
"Baby it's okay. I know how much pain you're in right now. We're going to be okay. I promise." I said trying to comfort him.
"It just. Hurts. So...Freaking bad." He said.
"I know baby." I grabbed his hand.
We arrived at the hospital. The doctors had to do immediate surgery. I waited. Soon Madison came in. She had blankets, pillows, snacks, and her beats.
"Hey. I brought us some stuff. I'm going to wait. DJ is here too. The whole team is." She said.
"Really?"
"Yeah."
I got up when I saw Matt, Jamal, Chris, JJ, DJ, Wesley Johnson, and Surprisingly Austin Rivers. They all had blankets, pillows, snacks, beats, and their phones with them too. They all hugged me and sat down.
"I can't believe he tore his ACL." DJ said.
"Me either."I said.
We all chatted until like midnight and then soon we all fell asleep.