3• No Filter

Jodie

Asking Bryson over was a bold ass move especially in front of Chris who seems to be his best friend. I mean Chris is fine as hell but I ain't looking for a relationship, especially one where I'm the only one in it.

I headed to the Art room early seeing as I didn't know where it was. When I found it, the door was slightly ajar and I heard hushed voices.

"...it don't matter Ashley either you tell him the baby is his or you get an abortion. I ain't tryna have no kid bring me down when I got basketball scholarships flooding in."

"I'm not having an abortion Kyrie, and I'm not trapping Bryson either. I want this for us, why you don't wanna claim me?"

"I got a girlfriend and you got a man who already ain't claiming yo ass so I'm sure as hell ain't claiming you or that baby either,ma. Bet."

"Tests don't lie Kyrie, and this proves the baby is yours whether you claiming it or not. So go get your scholarship and make it big cause I will be claiming what's mine. Bet."

I heard footsteps coming towards the door so I straightened up and turned the corner. That was close. I don't know what that whole conversation was about but sounds like the type of drama I'll need to stay away from.

Even Bryson.

Later that day...

I was so glad to be home from school. I just got out the shower and decided to take a nap before starting on my home work. Just as I was finished putting on a tank top and some boy shorts, my phone vibrated. It was an unknown number.

"Hello..", I answered cautiously.

"Hey ma, I'm outside."

Fuck I forget I invited him over.

"Oh, aite gimme a sec."

I hung up and grabbed some shorts out my bottom drawer before heading downstairs.

When I opened the door I moved to the side to let him in.

"My dad and I aren't quite moved in yet so we can go up to my room."

"S'cool."

We made our way up the stairs towards my room. I was nervous as hell for some reason. I mean I don't know why, maybe finding out about his pregnant girlfriend got something to do with it. He doesn't even seem the fuck boy type.

"So which genre we doing the project on Prose, Poetry or Drama," he asked making himself comfortable in my bean bag chair in the corner of the room.

"Well I thought we can toss ideas around."

"I was brainstorming and I wanted to do something that encapsulates all three genres. "

This nigga just say encapsulate? Who uses those words in a conversation. He must have read my facial expression cause he blushed a bit.

"Sounds like too much huh?"

I laughed and shook my head.

"Okay how about we just do what everybody gonna do and dramatize. "

"Sounds good, I can get with that."

He nodded and we got started on or work. Half way through my phone rung, it was my dad telling me he won't be back for two more days, great. I hate being alone.

We had been working for at least two hours and I was drained.

"Wanna take a break?"

"Yh. I'm headed to the kitchen you want anything?"