10• Self Righteous

Bryson

It's been two weeks since Jodie told Chris that she was pregnant and that nigga was over the moon. He told her dad he was willing to step up and be there for both Jodie and her child but I wasn't having that shit. Everyone knows he was only doing this shit to spite me but they just said I was jealous.

Her dad told me that I should let Chris and Jodie spent more time together and get to know each other more for the baby's sake. The fucked up thing is she agreed. Can't say that shit don't hurt seeing him make her smile as they walk down the halls together. That used to be Jodie and I now the script flipped and I was on the shitty end of it all.

Every time I tried spending time with her she would shut me down or push me away. Now that Chris treating her nice and ready to wife her up she started forgetting a nigga.

I started spending my free time at the studio. Music was something I used to do for fun until I met Jodie. When my producer called and told me he got something for me I rolled through and it was a rap from there.

I was currently in New York touring NYU campus. I planned on going there after graduation after all. Guess it just takes being disappointed once again to say fuck everybody and everything. While I was on New York, I hit up a studio that my producer told me about so that I could lay down some new tracks I had.

Two hours in the studio and I was half way through with my record. I hopped out the booth to hear the first half which went like this.

Oohhh I...
Got something to say, yeah
I know it's easy to love me
Thought it was better this way
Oh trust me baby it's hard
Tried to give it up, I've tried to baby, it's tough
I guess it's my fault, I know what's up
Baby we used to fuck
From now on we make love
Girl let's catch up, phone calls ain't enough
That's where I messed up, I should've kept in touch
Cause I ain't the type that will hit it and quit it
Even if it's mine, even if it isn't
Take them trips and pay yo' ass a visit
Gave you a portion but you needed more, needed more
Now you won't even call me no more
Ain't laying naked in my sheets no more
I guess you ain't a freak no more
Sex more, that's what I was on
Talk less, that's what I was on
Selfish, baby I know, I know
Quick to admit it when I'm wrong
Instead I was leading you on
Now it's fuck me and leave you alone
Come love me, I need you at home
It's somethin' about the way you scream and you moan
Now I'm the one who's been treating you wrong
Contradicting all the things I've been preaching in songs, oh

Shit was going good girl
Now it's looking bad girl
Can we take it back girl?
You gave me a task girl
Go clean up my act girl
Done that, where you at girl?
Would you mind, would you mind
Would you mind if I?

I was all up in my feelings and I didn't plan and getting out of them anytime soon. It took another hour for me to finish the track and send it to my producer who was raving about it. It wasn't my best work but okay.

Some of the guys in the studio were hitting up a club after the session but I decided not to join. Getting drunk in my state of mind may not end well for me. I decided to take an early flight out and head back to Louisville.

The flight was rough and I didn't get my luggage until an hour after I landed. I ubered home and could wait to crash. It was 3am and a nigga was tired as hell. Making my way up the driveway with my luggage I couldn't help but look over at Jodie's house.

I shook her out my mind and made my way inside my house. Leaving my luggage at the door, I made my way to my room locking the door behind me. Pulling my shirt over my head, I kicked my shoes off before pulling my pants down. Just as I was about to pull back the covers I notice there was someone in my bed.

"Jodie, why are you in my bed?" I asked shaking her awake.

She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"I was waiting on you to get hone, where were you. I've been calling you all day."

"What do you want Jodie? You cant talk to yo boyfriend Chris no more?"

"He's not my boyfriend!" she spat back.

"Watch yo attitude I'm not in the mood for yo smart ass mouth. Do me a favor and go home."

"Why are you so cold towards me?"

"I could ask you the same thing but we both know the answer to that one."

She couldn't look me in my face but hung her head low. I felt bad for treating her this way but a nigga was hurt.

"What did Chris do to make you come running back to me huh? Cheat on you? That was expected Jodie. He ain't gonna change his ways cause you pregnant. Jodie why aren't you learning?! "

"I don't need a lecture Bryson!" she yelled her face now covered in tears.

She pulled the sheets from around her and started to get up from the bed. My dumbass had to grab her and stop her from leaving.

"Jodie, I ain't tryna upset you or anything alright. I just want to go to bed. Let's go to sleep and finish in the morning okay."

She nodded her head as she turned around to face me. I pulled her down into my lap and wiped the tears from her eyes. Looking her deep in her eyes I told her something I should have months ago.

"I love you Jodie. "

"I love you too Bryson."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. This time I wasn't holding back.

I was ready to give her my heart as she already gave me her soul. She pushed me down on the bed and straddled me. My hands began roaming all over her body. It was only then I remembered she was pregnant and the kid wasn't mine.

I pulled away and rolled her off me.

"What is it this time Bryson, why are you pushing me away?!"

"Because you're having a baby by my best friend! That should have been my baby! How am suppose to be comfortable with touching you when all I can think about is what y'all two did."

I sighed and went on the other side of the bed to tuck myself in. I loved Jodie but is that ever going to be enough?