Chapter 9

That's Brendon ^

Taylor P.O.V

"Oh crap, come on Al, sit down here, try and contain your coughing, I'll go get you a glass of water. Just, stay here, please, I don't want it to get worse" I said soothingly to Alex. On the inside I was panicking like f**king hell. Anyone's cough had NEVER gotten that bad at the adoption house. I ran inside and got a massive glass of water for Al. Once the glass was full I sprinted straight back outside making sure I didn't trip or spill the water. When I got back outside Al had lost all the colour in her face, and was coughing so bad that she couldn't breath properly. "CALL 911! ARE ALL OF YOU BLIND! SHE IS PRACTICALLY SUFFOCATING HERE AND ALL OF YOU ARE JUST LOOKING AT HERE WITH PANNIC IN YOUR FACES! ROSIE! YOUR PHONE! GET IT! CALL 911! HURRY!" I screamed at all of them. I coughed a few times myself but after a quick sip of water I was fine again. Then I turned my attention to Al. Everyone was still just looking at her except for Rosie. Who was on the phone talking to the ambulance operator thankfully. When I realised what was happening to Al I went to catch her. She was falling off the seat and was heading towards the concrete. I jumped in attempt to catch my best friends head from making contact with the concrete. I was one second to late. There was a growing pool of blood around her head. I sprinted inside to grab some cloth and bandages so I could try and clog where the source of blood was coming from her head. Once I had plenty of bandaid and cloth to plug the source of blood, I sprinted back outside and started closing the source of blood. I had done it, I had finished clogging the hole in the back of Al's head. There we were. Her head in my lap with tears streaming down my face. Brendon was so stupid to try kiss her. It only made things worse. I couldn't hear anything except for my loud crying. And all I could see was my unconscious friend in my arms. The real world was blocked out completely until I heard sirens, coming closer, and closer. When the paramedics came out the back and gently put Al on a stretcher I was so relived. "Please, she's my best friend, you have to let me come in the ambulance with her" I pleaded to the paramedics. "No miss, I'm sorry but you are not allowed to unless you are accompanied by a caregiver" one of the paramedics replied to me. "I'm her mother. I'll come on the ambulance with you and my daughter. Alex, the one on the stretcher, and Taylor here, are practically sisters now anyway. Me and my husband adopted them both today" Sqaishey (or mum now) told the paramedics. "Thank you, mum" I smiled at her. "No problem, daughter. When this happened, why didn't you tell one of us inside though? When they arrived we didn't know what was happening. Next time something happens though, please tell me of your father. Ok?" "Ok, sorry it just happened so quickly I didn't really think about telling you because I was so caught up trying to help Alex. I will tell you next time though. But Rosie was out there and she got hold of the ambulance for us which was good. But none of this would have happened if it wasn't for Brendon" I told mum. I explained the situation to mum on the way to the hospital. Just as we were about to arrive at the hospital, the main paramedic asked me who blocked the hole at first and I nervously said "I blocked the hole in the back of Alex's head" "Really? You did a really good job at it" replied the main paramedic just as we pulled into the ambulance parking part of the hospital. Al was rushed into the hospital and was put into care straight away. In the mean time, me and mum had to wait in the waiting room until a nurse came to see us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Of Chapter~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying this story. I left you with another cliffhanger. Kind of. Do you think Alex will survive? You'll just have to wait and find out in the next chapter. Bye! 😄✌️