Mad

After the task, I was invited to the Gryffindor common room to celebrate Harry’s winning. At first I was a bit hesitant being the shy person I am but Harry helped me relax. He introduced me to all his other friends and they all seemed to like me despite the fact that I’m a Slytherin. I got a lot of comments about how brave I was at the fight. Like Harry, they treated me just like they’d treat Hermione or Ron, which again, I was very grateful for. Unlike the Slytherin common room, the Gryffindor common room was warm, cozy and more at home, which too me was what the Gryffindor house was to me.

Harry and Ron also made up. Ron explained the whole situation to Harry and Harry was a little cold towards him at first, but he forgave Ron in the end.

After a while though, even though I wished I could stay all night, I knew I had to go back to the Slytherin common room. I had to face Dad and Draco sometime.

As I finished my last sip of Butterbeer, Harry came over and gave me his award-winning smile.

“Hey Rory! Why you leaving so early?” Harry asked. I sighed sadly and Harry studied me for a moment, then I could tell that he instantly understood. “Oh… Them…” I nodded slowly then Harry put his good hand (his other was in a sling from the first task) on my shoulder reassuringly.

“Hey, you know what to do if Malfoy bothers you. And if Snape- I mean your Dad is causing you any problems, you can always sleep here.” I gave him a grateful smile.

“Thanks Harry. For everything.” Harry chuckled with a kind smile and I felt warm inside. Whenever Harry smiled, I felt like everything was all right in the world. Isn’t that an awesome feeling?

“Hey. It’s the least I can do. Besides, I owe you my life after what you did for me during the first task.” He passed me a bag of candy. “Here. I case you get peckish.” I gave him a small hug and he jumped in surprise at first then relaxed.

“Night Night Harry.” Harry let go and smiled once more.

“Good night Rory.” I left the Gryffindor common room and I leaned against the wall and let out a dreamy sigh.

God, I keep falling for this boy more and more.

I got an unexpected (ok… well maybe a bit expected) surprise at the entrance of the common room. It was Dad and he did not look one bit happy. I felt myself shrink like I always do when I’m in his presence. I feel as if I’m as small and as vulnerable as a mouse. I hate feeling vulnerable.

“Where have you been?!” Dad demanded. I didn’t answer and I bit my lip nervously. This shit was not going to end well I could tell. “You were hanging out with Potter weren’t you.” Dad growled. I clenched my fists in anger and avoided his gaze. “I told you Aurora-“ I flinched as he called me by my real name “-that that Potter boy is trouble. To not hang out with his kind. And what do you do? YOU COMPLETELY DISOBEY ME AS USUAL.”

“He’s not who you think he is.” I said determinedly. “I promise you. In fact, he’s the kindest boy I’ve ever met!” Dad shook his head in disbelief.

“LOOK WHAT HE DID TO YOU AURORA!” Dad yelled. “HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT HE’S DOING THIS SO HE CAN HURT YOU!”

“HARRY DID NOT HURT ME. HE NEVER WOULD! IT WAS DRACO WHO-“

“Draco is the one trying to help you! Not Potter!” I rolled my eyes in annoyance. You watch now. Dad is going to takes Malfoy’s side as USUAL.

“Let me guess, Draco told you that Harry beat me up?! You weren’t even there!”

“I trust him. Draco is a good boy. You could learn a lesson or two from him you know.” That was the last straw. I couldn’t take it. I yelled the password to the common room and stormed to my room.

“AURORA LILY SNAPE! YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!” Dad’s voice yelled. I ran up the stairs and slammed the door to my room. He can’t find me here. I whistled for Cinders, my little pet owl and wrote Harry a letter. As I wrote it, my teardrops fell on the parchment and I cringed as I heard Dad yelling from outside.

Harry,

Dad is mad. Really mad. I may not have my head the next morning I swear to God. If I don’t hang out with you as much as I normally do from now on, it’s because him and Malfoy are on red alert. I promise I’ll find a way for us to hang out. I hope… I’d escape to the common room to see you, but I don’t want to take any chances.

From your friend,

Rory