Appropriate Tank sizes and what to have for Betta fish

When a little kid comes up to a their parents and ask for their first pet their parents will normally lean towards something small and easy to care for. Other wise normally a betta fish. Most of the time the parents or parent will pick up a cheap quarter gallon betta tank and grab the nearest fish to them. The betta will normally live a very short and painfully horrible life. So I am going to be talking about what tank sizes are the best for a betta fish. Betta fish should be kept in a tank no smaller than 2.5 gallons of space. This is because of these three major reasons. First major reason is you can not consistently heat a tank under 2.5 gallons. Before you think that bettas do not need heaters they are tropical fish meaning they do require a heater to live a healthy life. If you try to keep a heater in a smaller tank, even if it is made for it, the temperature will fluctuate. When the temperature fluctuates it can get your fish very ill and even die, so it is very important to keep the temperature consistent. Another reason why your're betta fish needs to live in a tank no less than 2.5 gallons big is because most bettas grow to be 2 1/2 inches big. If you follow the rule of thumb, which is a gallon of water per inch of fish each betta should have 2.5 gallons of space. This doesn't mean that female betta fish,who are generally smaller than male betta fish, should have a smaller tank if it is under 2 1/2 inches big. Last reason why betta fish should be kept in a tank no smaller than a 2.5 gallon tank is because of water perimeters. This is important because water quality is pass or fail in the fish world. Bad water quality can lead to many different diseases and commonly death. So in a small area of water the water quality goes downhill fast. That's the last reason why 2.5 gallon tanks are the minimum tank size for betta fish. These are the scientific reason why betta fish need 2.5 gallon tank. But if you want your betta to be happy you will put them in a 2.5 gallon tank. Its not just on the science of it but the feelings of your fish.