~The Green Snake~

Chapter 13~

When I got to Lily Pond I wondered around for a bit. Somehow I saw a whole bunch of gold shining in the middle of the pond and I stepped into the pond to get a closer look. I bent forward and picked one up, look at it and then somehow the water was waving back and forth. I ran out of the pond and before I knew it, something snapped shut and I barely escaped. I turned around to see a giant snake right in front and before I knew it it opened its mouth and hissed at me.
I stepped back and then suddenly a guy showed up. " what is a human like you doing here?" He asked.

" human how did you know I was human?" I asked back. He took a couple of steps towards me then said, " I can't feel your energy so I know you're a human. Besides I'm a god." I look at him and said, " why are you here, we have no business together?" He laugh and said, " this is my private pond, and it seems like you just happened to touch the gold in the pond, you were suppose to become snake food for my pet." I look at him with a nasty look and said, " I'm not going to fall for that lame trick, I've heard about it in stories before, but I never really believed it until now and here I am face to face with a snake." That guy laughed and then said, " it's pretty rare to see a human around here, but you shouldn't be here, no human is allow in the demon world, you're not safe, where ever you come from you better go back."

I look at him seriously and said, " that's why I'm here, I'm here to look for the path. Do you now where it is?" He thought for a moment then said, " I can give you some hints about it for a price, would you want that?" I couldn't reply to him so I was silent for a bit, thinking to myself. " I don't think I can accept it, I'm only looking for the path not getting involve with others." I told him as I walk away. He stopped me and summoned up a white snake to swirl around my arm. " what's the meaning of this" I yelled at him. He chucked and said, " unfortunately I won't let this chance get away from me." I grabbed onto the white snake and tried to pull it off from my arm, but the snake wouldn't budge. " I don't have time to play around I need to get going, Akiro and the others are coming!" I shouted as I was still struggling to remove the snake.

I stepped back and then suddenly someone grabbed onto my shoulder. I turned around to look and right before me was Akiro in his demon form. He grabbed onto the snake and somehow managed to pull it off. When he pulled it off my arm there was a mark left behind by the snake. The snake guy grin and said, ". I didn't expect you to know him, I guess you must've met him before me." He then laugh and said, " but that doesn't matter. You and I are now officially married!" I look at him and then said, " that's impossible, I can't marry you?" The snake guy chuckled and then said, " see that mark on your hand, it's a ring that's only given to the person I wishes to me my wife."

I was going to say something but then suddenly Akiro grabbed onto my shoulder and kissed me on the lips. I put my hand out in between us to stop him and he remove himself from me, but he turned me over to face the snake guy and put his arms around me. " well Mr. Erik snake guy, I just kissed your wife, what are you going to do about it?"the snake guy clinch his teeth and said, " how dare you, I won't forgive you for this." He called for the giant snake behind him and it came launching towards us. Akiro lift me up and with his super speed he dodged the snake and ran off with me in his arms.

Before I know it, we were somewhere deep in the forest hiding from the snake guy and his pet snake. The two of us didn't say anything but we sat there silently. I was having bad thoughts in my mind and wanted to ask Akiro but I was too scared that he might get mad so I didn't say anything. For hours we sat there with nothing to do. Suddenly Akiro grabbed onto my hand where the mark was and casted a spell on it. Slowly the shadow slithered off my arm like a snake and onto the ground. The mark turned to look at me like a snake and then it turned back around and slithered away. After that Akiro got up and said, " let's go, sitting here wouldn't do us any good." I got up and then managed to ask him one question, " why did you save me?" Akiro didn't answer me but he stared at the ground and seems to be deep in thoughts.

Suddenly he said, " don't you remember, we made a promise, I said that I would help you find the path. There was no need for you to run away." I didn't expect him to answer the question but he did and it made me feel guilty, for running away, for always causing trouble and for always getting into trouble. I couldn't ask anything else but Akiro asked me a question instead, " why did you decided to run away?" I look at him and said, " I can't just wait around for you to find the path, ever since I came here I've been watching you, and you haven't done anything at all, you told me you'll help me but all you do is stay home all day and do nothing else expect for that time when your sister came over to ask for a favor, after knowing that you wouldn't do anything I told myself that it's time to do something by myself and not get you involved anymore." Akiro couldn't say anything after that and I didn't want to ask him anymore question either.

We were both going to leave or spot when suddenly the snake guy spotted us and shot some magic spell at us. " you two are not going anywhere!" He shouted as he got on the snake and it slithered towards us. Akiro was about to attack the snake when suddenly he forgot that his sword was on the ground next to the tree, so the snake smashed onto him, sending him flying into the distance, the snake went after Akiro so I quickly grabbed onto Akiro's sword and ran after them. Akiro was already badly hurt when I got to where they were. I was going to toss the sword over but I know that with my throwing skill I wouldn't even make it so instead I pulled the sword off from its case and shouted, " hey you giant snake, over here!" The snake turned to look at me and then suddenly it came charging towards me. I was getting scared as it approaches closer but I couldn't back down from it. The snake charged straight at me, I dodged to the side and swing the sword in front of the snake's head and cut it off with one swing. The snake guy jumped off as the snake swings it's tail back and forth destroying all the trees and grass. The snake was twitching back and forth and then before we know it, it was dead.

" you killed my pet!" He shouted at me. I look at him and then he charged at me. But before he could make it Akiro jumped in front of him and with his sharp fingers and quick arm he jabbed right into the snake guy's stomach. Akiro remove his arm and the snake guy fell down to his knees. " you freakin loser, you abandon your god like position and here you are killing a member of the god. I guess you really are a demon." Akiro raised his arm and suddenly a ball of power energy starts to form in his hand. He moved his hand right at the head of the snake guy, but I stopped him. " don't do it Akiro, you won't get anything good out of killing someone!" I shouted from behind him. Akiro stopped and lower his hand away from the snake guy and walked away from him. Akiro then picked up his sword case and walked over to me, " let's go, we don't have all day for this." He grabbed onto his sword and removed it from me.

We walked off and then the snake guy shouted, " Akiro! I won't forget this, I'll defiantly come for you!" We ignored him and walked farther way and went to the next place on the map.