Chapter 18

Lucien's POV

Kidnapping Vincent was the only way for me to get Freya back and delay the plan they have for me. I know they are preparing a spell that could reverse the spell in the serum. How did I know it? Well its simple actually, I have been monitoring Vincent and Davina's move for the past month. Since I know that the Mikaelson's will use them as a defense against me that includes my sweet Freya. I have assigned some of my men to observe and follow them for the time being. And until now they don't have any idea that I already know what they are planning to do.

"They would not exchange their own sister for me." Vincent said

"Not really. Niklaus already agreed on exchanging you for her. Besides, I presume you are far more valuable than her to them." I replied walking towards him

"I also presume that Freya is very valuable to you. Doing all of this just to have her." He stated

"Isn't obvious? She is linked to me and if something happens to her, I would die too. Consider that I value things that are capable on protecting my life." I stated drinking the bourbon on my hand

"Is that really the only reason? Or there is so much more to it?" Vincent curiously inquired. Okay. That's it.

"You ask too much, Vincent. Maybe I should kill you instead and get Freya back by force if I have to. I mean I can kill them with just a bite." I said gripping his neck tightly

"Freya would hate you if you kill me." He hoarsely said. I removed my grip on his neck and walk out of the room.

He's right. Freya would hate me if something happens to him or to anyone she cares about especially her brothers. I'm confused as hell to what am I going to do. Right now, I have to get her back to be sure she is safe when I execute my plan. My heart was broken before and I don't want it to happen again.

Freya's POV

"Freya. Are you sure this would work? I mean you told me he wouldn't listen to you what more now?" Hayley worriedly said. Apparently, my brothers are talking to Davina about the spell in case something unexpected happens.

"Its the only way. I know that Elijah is planning to go against Niklaus' plan to exchange me. This is my last chance to talk some sense to his mind. Just trust me okay? I would be perfectly fine." I explained to her. Hayley still seems to be hesistant on my plan but its now or never.

"Fine. Just try to be back in whole okay? I don't trust Lucien enough not to harm you." Hayley said smiling at me

"Of course. Just try to distract them and delay the plans for the spell okay? I need time for this." I explained.

"Wish us luck. We both need it." Hayley said laughing.

Nightfall came, we are now waiting for Lucien in an abandoned warehouse just few miles the main city of New Orleans.

"Where the hell is that bastard?" Niklaus impatiently said. I just rolled my eyes and continue to wait.

"Good evening dear friends! Sorry for the delay. Vincent tried to escape but no harm done to your witchy friend here." Lucien said appearing from the shadows. He looked at me and I can't figure out what     thinking.

"Why do you want Freya for? I'm just intrigued that you are quite fond of having Freya around you. I'm guessing her company is to your liking." Elijah curiously stated. Lucien just smirked.

"Let's just say that your sister is valuable than you think she is to me. Unlike you, I keep what's valuable to my side rather than giving them away." he explained. Is he implying something on Elijah? You and your stupid mouth Lucien.

"My sister is capable of handling herself for awhile. Since you the two of you are linked, you can't kill her which assures us that she will be safe." Elijah said

"Maybe or not. Just give me Freya and you can have your witchy friend here." he stated

"Let them walk at the same time." Nik said

I started walking towards Lucien and Vincent walks towards my brothers. Lucien give me his hand but before I could take it, Marcel carried me away from the warehouse. I quickly get off him and slapped him in the face.

"What the hell is that for, Freya?" He shouted at me.

"Why did you do that?!" I yelled at him.

"Elijah told me to escape you from the scene. They are already proceeding with the spell." He explained. My eyes went wide when he said that. No it can't be.

Then all of a sudden, I felt my mark burning and I can't breathe. They are starting with the spell. Damn it!

"Freya, what's happening? I thought they already unlinked you?" Marcel worriedly said. I throw up blood and my breathe is already shallow.

"Let me go back in there. If they kill him, I would die with him." I weakly said. He nodded and vamp speed us back to the warehouse.

I saw Lucien already on the floor crying in pain as Davina and Vincent perform the spell. Marcel let me go and I weakly stand in front of Lucien.

"Stop! You can't kill him." I said defending Lucien. Then I felt the pain again. I throw up blood once again and collapsed on the floor.

"Freya!" Lucien said but he can't come towards me. I heard him groan in pain. I'm slowly closing my eyes.

"Stop! Freya look at me please. Stay awake sister." Elijah worriedly said. He keeps in shaking me so thay I can stay awake.

"How could you? You are willing to sacrifice me just to kill Lucien. " I sadly said

"I thought they already unlinked you, sister. Please stay awake!" He pleadingly said to me

Divina and Vincent won't stop chanting thus making the pain more unbearable. Niklaus as well as Hayley tried to stop them but they cast a boundary spell for them. I looked at Lucien and looked at me too.

"I love you." I mouthed to him. Tears are running down my eyes. I saw him crying as well. My plan is ruined and so are we. Then I closed my eyes and the last thing I heard was Lucien's cries.