Chapter 8

The video shook until it steadied itself. A weird sight greeted the viewer. Lauren stood with Camila on her back in front of Normani who had Ally in the same position. Both were walking in circles until Normani suddenly charged forward.

"WITHDRAW!" Camila cried out and Lauren ran as fast as she could with the weight on her back while Normani chased them with a manic laugh.

"GET 'EM, MANIBEAR!" Ally commanded from Normani's back and held her arms out as she tried to catch the other two. "FASTER!"

"They are crazy," Dinah explained from the other side of the camera. "It's the last rehearsal before Ellen and they lost it."

"CAMREN WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN NORMALLY!" Lauren yelled over her shoulder as she side-stepped another attack from Normani. "DEAL WITH IT!"

"NEVER!"

Janet paused the video and looked at the amused girls in front of her. They were currently in their dressing room of the building in which 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'  was being filmed. It had certainly been a crazy few days for them. Lauren's idea to post the  picture on Instagram had caused an uproar in the public. Never had so many articles been written about them. Or rather about Camren.

Magazines, gossip sites and even talk shows had discussed the topic in depth. Old footage of the girls' X Factor performances and interviews were broadcasted and analyzed, tweets from fans were quoted, every interaction between Camila and Lauren in the past was carefully watched back. The opinions were diverse. It was playing out exactly like Janet had warned them about after Dinah's failed prank had gone viral.

But the girls had taken to it with humor. They didn't dare to read any comments on their Instagram posts or replies to their tweets yet, but they acknowledged the excitement and near hysteria in their own ways.

Like the video that was now on pause and caused this situation. The members of Fifth Harmony twitched under Janet's unwavering glare.

"I believe I don't have to show you the rest?" Janet disrupted the silence. "Do you have to say anything for yourselves? You post something like this right before your interview.  What were you thinking?!"

"It was all in good fun," Dinah said and the others nodded. "Our Harmonizers love the craziness."

"You know that I'm not talking about that!"

"We didn't know that she continued to record us after the mock fight," Lauren offered with an innocent shrug. "So what, I gave Camila a kiss on the cheek. Big fucking deal. Friends do that stuff all the time. Anyway, I thought we were supposed to drop hints?"

"The kiss on the cheek happened only  because Camila had the sense to turn her head away at the last possible moment." Janet gave them a stern look. "You are supposed to come out tomorrow on national television and not today via social media, girls. I let the Instagram post slide, but I will not have this kind of recklessness from you anymore. Is that clear?"

"Oh my gosh, that picture was the cutest!" Normani gushed.

Ally nodded. "It was so romantic! And in front of the Eiffel Tower no less... I also loved the caption of it. Who came up with it?"

"Lauren," Camila answered proudly and Lauren smirked. "My girlfriend is a genius."

"Did you guys see the picture in which they're kissing?" Dinah asked Normani and Ally who shook their heads. "It's even better. Mila showed it to me yesterday... it's her new phone background."

"And mine as of this morning," Lauren said with a grin and pressed the button on her phone to light it up.

"Awe!" Normani and Ally cooed as they leaned in to look at the screen.