[1] I've Been Expecting You (Human!Bill)

Heyo! For my first imagine, I thought something silly would be right

Heyo! For my first imagine, I thought something silly would be right. I hope you like it!

Warning: REALLY platonic

Warning: reader is bad at chemistry

Warning: cussing

Reader's Age: about 16

Word count (apparently the fandom thinks it's important?): 1380

***

You were just about ready to pull your hair out.

It was the end of April, the worst time of the school year for one reason and one reason only: standard testing. Thursday and Friday for three weeks you'd be stuck in a room for two hours, head bent over a thick test booklet and scribbling down answers as fast as you could. Your head and neck always ached afterwards for the rest of the day, which was never a fun time. To make matters worse, the tests put your school on a two hour delay schedule, leaving the teachers you had in your shortened periods to grumble about the lack of time, the teachers you had in the periods during lunches with more time than lesson planned, and you feeling rushed and chaotic the entire day.

Oh, and your chemistry teacher decided it'd be a good idea to have a test stretching across these days. Like you said, it was enough to make you want to pull your hair out.

When you got home, there was a sticky note in the yard, having blown off the doorstep where it must've fallen. It informed you that your father was at work- he worked at a university two towns over- and your mother was at book club and had some errands to run, so she shouldn't be home until seven or eight. To be completely honest, it didn't really bother you that much. You weren't sure you could stomach looking at them knowing the highest grade you got on that chemistry test was a 78%.

You unlocked the door and grabbed an apple on your way upstairs, itching to just cuddle under your warm, soft, (favorite/color) blanket despite the summer heat and forget about the world. Your bedroom door was open slightly- you never closed it unless you were in there- so you kicked it open and dumped your bag on the ground. It shook the old house and produced a satisfying thud. The sound not only prompted a half-smile from you, but your swivel chair at your desk started turning around.

Lost in thought, you hadn't even noticed the tall top hat and head of blonde, side swept hair and black roots peaking out above the chair, or the long, black boot clad feet barely touching the floor but still visible if you looked. An elbow covered in a black sleeve rested on the arm of the chair. Once you saw the complete side of the intruder, you instantly knew who it was, even in this human form.

It wasn't the triangle eye patch that gave it away, or even the bow tie perched at his neck. No, it was the bright yellow vest with the long, long, brick patterned tailcoat that instantly reminded you of the yellow triangle that loved to pester you all the time.