Chapter Twelve:

The room was crowded with people, a line of all ages waiting for their books to be signed. Emily sat at a small table, smiling up at all the fans smiling back, clutching their books excitedly. 

As the line came to an end, a man stepped forward. A mustache, a small beard from where he had not shaved in a wild, deep brown eyes and glasses at the end of his nose. He wore a brown rain coat which he awkwardly dug his hands into the large pockets as he approached Emily, a book under his arm. He smiled at her for a moment and then handed her the book. 

"I think you're the first man your age to come to this book signing," she smiled up. He laughed. "So, who am I signing this to?"

"Just a friend of mine who could not be here- Immie," he said, looking down at her. 

Emily stared up at him for a moment, completely silent until she shook the thought from her head. "Like the book?"

"Yes, like the book," he smiled. "Thanks," he said, taking the book back when she'd signed it. As the man began to walk towards the door, he looked over his shoulder. "She's doing okay you know."

"Who?" asked Emily, slightly confused. 

He smiled. "You know who, Emily."

When he pushed the door open, he stepped into not the street outside but a small park. 

Immie sat on the swing, swinging high with a smile on her face as she watched the sky. She noticed him approaching and stopped the swing. "Brown, where did you go to?"

"I was allowed outside for a bit so I took up the offer." He handed her the book. "She's exactly how you described her. Even a year later," he smiled. 

Immie look down at the book, not being able to contain a smile. "How about we go get some ice-cream?" she asked. "I've been waiting here for a while now."

Brown held his hand out towards her like a gentleman, helping her out of the swing before they walked out of the park, Immie clutching the book tightly with a grin on her face.