The "Crazy" Daughters

“So, Electra, what did this man look like?” Dr. Dorling asked, while I sat on a beanbag chair. My mom had left me with this weird psychiatrist, once she asked me more about Zaine. She had certainly not been happy, my dad too, when I ran out of my room, when HE tried to come in. Storm sat next to me, holding my hand tight.

“He’s tall, and has a completely white face, with black eyes. He wears a black suit with a white shirt and black tie. But that’s just his disguise, a lot of times he takes out his black, slimy tentacles. He’s an alien named Zaine from another universe. He told me that the corporation he works for needs special children like me, to dream for his company. He always wants to play with me, but I always say no. But then he started stalking me and showing up in my dreams and I’m really scared… Then he tried to open up my window, I don’t know what to do.” I whimpered.

“Do you think this is just your imagination?” The doctor asked curiously.

“No, I’ve seen him since I was three, and maybe before that, I don’t remember.”

Quiet before, Storm murmured, “He’s scary…”

“I’m going to talk with your mother, and we’ll see what we should do about this problem.”

I sighed. He wouldn’t understand, he would think I was seeing things, and Storm too. As he left the room, I saw HIM. He was staring at me from outside, on a rooftop next to the apartment room I was in. Once again, the Slender Man was glaring at me.

I shrank away from the window, frightened.

                                                                   ********

I ended up getting anti-psychotic medicine and therapy. Mom and Dad thought Storm was too young for that, so she just got therapy. My parents treated us differently, somehow. Like if they were avoiding their “crazy” daughters. Only Storm treated me the same. Same smile on her dimpled face, she would run up to me after I got back from school, shrieking, “Lectie!” her nickname for me. She kept the secret too. I knew she could.

At school, I acted normal, though everyone could tell I changed a bit. Inside, my mind was a nervous turmoil, wondering where I would see Zaine next. Would he be watching me from the woods that lined much of my town, or be behind one of my friends, staring at me with his soulless eyes? I didn’t know. But the worst part was that I knew Zaine had been lying when he killed that stray cat. I wondered if I didn’t come with him, he would break in and kill me. Even worse, maybe he would take my adorable little sister.

One night, I was dozing off when I heard Storm laughing.

“I didn’t know you were good, Slender Man. I’ll come with you.” She chortled, holding her dog to her side.

I raced to the window, and saw Zaine. He was holding out a tentacle to her, worse, she was about to take it!

“Get off!” I yelled, running up to the monster, pillow in hand. I hit the tentacle; the appendage got beaten back a bit.

“Now Electra, that’s not a nice thing to do.” Zaine tutted, though he drew back his tendril.

“Stay away from my sister!” I pulled Storm away from him; she started crying.

I then slammed the window down, Slender Man barely escaped from getting his tentacles stuck.

He looked at me, annoyed. Zaine then smirked and started tapping on the window. I tucked Storm into bed tightly, even though she kept on trying to get up, protesting,” But Slender Man says he’s good!” I got into bed and tried to ignore the persistent tapping that would go on for the rest of the night.