The Truth Unfolds

The mall was great! I hadn't been there with friends since 3rd grade, and now it was better! Jenny's mom let us go off on our own while she shopped herself.

It was so fun to be included for once! The icy side of my "friends" melted away and they started shoving expensive clothes into my face, saying it would look perfect on me. I bought most of it after getting Jenny's approval. We giggled over things I had long forgotten. As we walked through the mall, me wearing newly bought clothes, I realized I was actually part of the popular crowd.

It was a weird feeling. I had been friends with Jenny since pre-school, and in some little kid way, had been popular until 3rd grade, though I didn't quite remember. After Slender Man though, I guess since I was the friend of Jenny, I was accepted, however odd I acted.

Soon, I spent just about all of the money Mom gave me, and we were all eating frozen yogurt when this strange women walked past us.

She was dressed in black, and as she turned her back on us, I swear she had a tail! It was gray, and swung back and forth. She also had these fluffy gray ears too. A strange smell hung in the air around her, could it be perfume? My eyes must have bugged out, because a girl named Amy asked," Are you okay?"

"Yeah, the frozen yogurt just tasted sort of weird." I replied, and looked at the woman again as she started to disappear into the distance. Her tail was gone, and she looked normal. The only smell was of the mall.

                                                                               ********

"Hello sweetie, how was the mall?" Mom called from the kitchen.

 "It was fun." I replied, throwing my purse onto the sofa as soon as I opened the door.

"You should tell Dr. Dorling about that, Electra. I'm glad you went with your friends!" She continued, now draining the water from a bowl of spaghetti.

"Right..." I murmured, and immediately sat on the sofa and turned on the TV.

"Hi Lectie!" Storm shouted from upstairs and started to run down.

In a matter of seconds, she tackled me with a big hug, and I couldn't help but smile. Somehow, Storm always made me feel better, and I reminded myself not to tell her about what I had seen.

"Could we watch Spongebob?It's always on at 6:00." She asked pleadingly.

"Sure."

I switched the channel from old sitcoms to Nickelodeon, and Spongebob's smiling face filled the screen. I sat back on the couch, cuddling with Storm, and relaxed. Kids shows can make anything better, I found out long ago.

Soon, I thought about that woman again. How could she have had a tail or ears like that? That's not possible! Maybe it was fake. Now that I thought about it, that weird smell that I thought was her perfume actually smelled musky. Like Jenny's cat.

Great, besides having a stalker, I just saw a cat-woman.

"Lectie, why aren't you listening to me?" She said, waving her hand in front of my face.

"What?"

"When I was at school, on the playground, I saw a cat lady. She was outside the fence and had this big bushy tail and fluffy cat ears. She had yellow eyes and was just staring at me until recess was over and I went inside." Storm whispered.

Continuing, she asked," Is she a monster too? Like the that tall man that used to visit us. Because I see him sometimes too, and he felt weird, just like the lady."

"I don't know." I replied. Turning to the TV, I realized Spongebob was over and Big Time Rush was on. Not a good sign.