Ayukawa-Aomine Combi

"What?!" I never heard of such a thing! "Really?" Even Ryota didn't know. Maybe it is some kind of joke.

"But now that I saw you play in the interhigh. You're the complete opposite of Akashi-kun" Kuroko said. Phew, great. I never wanted to be told that I'm the female version of that midget. Now that you mention it, I'm as tall as Kuroko-kun.

We continued walking down the street. 'I really need to get away' I told myself and slowly turning back until I heard someone say "Where are you going, Ai-san?" Kuroko noticed me. "I can't stand being in this crowd" I admitted. "Then, let me come with you" he said and we ran away before the others notice that we're not around anymore.

"I guess they won't find us here" Kuroko-kun said. "Want to buy some vanilla shakes?" I offered as soon as I saw a poster. His eyes shone, maybe he loved those.

So we went inside the foodchain and bought our shakes. "Thank you" Kuroko-kun said as I handed him his shake. "You didn't come here with Kagami-kun?" I asked. "You know Kagami-kun, Ai-san?" he asked too. "Oh, I researched about the you guys" I answered. "Akashi-kun wouldn't allow an outsider" was what he said. =____= "What do you think of me, then? Am I not an outsider? Pffft" I rolled my eyes. That Bakashi, being bossy as always.

"What do you think of Akashi-kun, Ai-san?" He asked all of a sudden. For a moment, I was not sure what to answer. "You're hesitating" Kuroko-kun added. "He's my mortal enemy, a schoolmate and a teammate who likes bossing around" I answered.

"You are not being honest with yourself, Ai-san" Kuroko said, looking straight into my eyes. "You know, We're planning on defeating Akashi-kun this coming Winter Cup. All of us experience defeat except for him. Midorima-kun has a hypothesis that there might be another being dwelling inside Akashi-kun. And the Akashi-kun we knew and we were fond of is trapped inside with the other Akashi-kun taking control. We thought that if he tastes defeat, he'll resurface as the Akashi-kun we know" he explained.

My eyes widened. So that explains what happened to him last night. "Hey, I think I met the person you're talking about"

__________________

Kuroko-kun and I went back inside the foodchain to talk and I told him about when Akashi's eyes changed. He just nodded "His mother was one of his moral support when he was young. He must have reacted to your voice." He said. Now, I feel like punching him in the face. Making his teammates worry like this. This is so not like him. "Then, I really do hope you defeat him, Tetsuya-kun. I really look up to him as a rival but I know that this time, I'm meant to be his teammate. I hope we see the real Akashi after the Winter Cup" I said as I offered my hand to Tetsuya-kun. "Yeah. I promise" He said as he took my hand and shook it.

*ring* *ring*

"It's about time for them to notice" I said and Tetsuta-kun just laughed. "Hello?" I answered the phone. "Hello Ai-cchi? Where are you? Are you with Kurokocchi? You just disappear-" Ryota was talking when I think his phone was snatches by somebody. "Ai, you know where we are. Get back here" I was sure it was Akashi with his usual commanding tone. Tetsuya-kun was listening because I put it in on loud speaker.

I knew exactly where they are now and so was Tetsuya-kun. We reached a street basketball court and ran towards the others. "Geez! Where have you been?" Ryota was the first to walk to us followed by Akashi and Aomine. Murasakibara just stayed at the benches eating his snack beside Midorima.

"I was thirsty so I dragged Tetsuya-kun for a shake also to buy something comfortable to wear" I looked at Tetsuya-kun who just eyed Akashi. "Hey Ayukawa!" Aomine called "Play with me a bit" he added.

I looked at Akashi "That can wait Aomine, you will play with each other later" Akashi said.

_____________

"Why does it have to be him?" I pouted eyeing Aomine who didn't like the idea either. "Yeah. 2 on 4 is great but why do I have to be with this little girl? She'll just drag me down!" He protested.

"Oh. So you don't want to play?" Akashi glared at us. "No no. We will, right?" I elbowed Aomine and I was relieved when he got the message. "Yeah, yeah. Sorry about that"

"I won't play for now" Akashi said. And so we started the game. Akashi threw the ball into the air. Aomine and Murasakibara jumped and the purple giant got the ball. "Such a simple throw, you couldn't get it?" I told Aomine.

I don't want to hear that from a gnome!" Aomine threw back at me. "Tsk. Just steal it if you can, would ya?" I shouted at him. I was guarding Midorima. His 3-pointers are such a pain to deal with.

Aomine was able to steal the ball from Ryota and ran to the other side of the court. Ryota was running after him. "Tsk. It can't be helped" I muttered and ran after them to block Ryota from tapping the ball out of Aomine's hands. Aomine made the shot and we came back to our side of the court.

"I have to say, nice shoot" I told the tanned guy giving him a high-five "Well, I also have to say, nice assist" Aomine hit my palm with his.

"Geez, they don't get along but they are in sync in basketball" Ryota said "We still outnumber them. We can do 2-man on each of them" Midorima replied.

Midorima had the ball and was about to do a three pointer from the other end of the court. Actually, I saw that coming so I told Aomine a while ago that I'll manage the defence, he can go and steal the ball from Midorima. "Go, Aomine!" I shouted and Aomine was able to snatch the ball before the shot and dunked the ball.

"Hey Aomine!" I called "What?" He replied as soon as he landed another shot. "I've never had a single shot!" I said. He just nodded and my recklessness mode was turned 'on'. Midorima had the ball and passed it to Tetsuya-kun who curved the pass to Ryota.

"Hello, Ai-cchi~ You look cute as always -ssu~" Ryota greeted while dribbling the ball and passed through me. A smile crossed my face and did a back tip, slipping the ball from Ryota's hand. "Thank you -ssu~" I said, imitating the way he talks.

They were all confused why I still haven't approached the ring. "Aomine!" I shouted and he came to block the people near me and I shot a three-pointer.

"Thank you!" I grinned at Aomine who just pouted at the corner.

In the end, our team won. 125-82