Back To Today

Enough of that, though. Now I'm in a whole new place, so once again, I get a fresh new start. Nobody here knows me...or knows the rumors people would spread about me at Stone-Fox. Hopefully I'll be accepted. I'm not that bad of a person...I'm just kinda quiet at times and cuss alot.

   Well, I finally figured out what city we're in...Brighton, Colorado. I asked Jessica yesterday, when we went to eat at this one Mexican restaurant called Azadores...how do you even pronounce that? Ah-zuh-doors? Whatever, I'm white as heck! How would I know?! I felt kinda stupid asking her, but it's pretty nice to know where I am.  Oh, and even better: we found a house that we might buy! It's on some street called Millens Avenue. We're gonna go look at it tomorrow, hopefully. Oh, and registration is today, from 3 to 7. I'll admit, I'm pretty freaked out, honestly. I'm gonna have to take a picture, and I'm gonna see my new classmates, and oh. my. gosh. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

_____________

2:45. Crap. I should probably start getting ready.

   I take a shower as quickly as I can, not even bothering to or conditioner in my hair...and I end up getting shampoo in my left eye (which hurt like a BITCH...Okay, female dog). I blow dry my hair after putting some of that heat protection oil in my hair. It dries quickly, since my hair is pretty thin and only goes down about an inch past my shoulders. It's pretty easy to style, but I just wish it was a little thicker. My hair is also naturally straight, so I put it in two braids and flat iron them all the way down. My result: some pretty cool-looking beach waves. I decide to wear a highligher-yellow colored, off-the-shoulder shirt, and some

black shorts, with white flip flops. I run to the bathroom and make a fishy face in the mirror to put some peach-colored blush right along my jawline. I do a pretty good job, considering the fact that I almost NEVER do my makeup, and that it only took me about 30 seconds.

Oh, dang. 3:25...wow, it only took me 40 minutes to get ready.

   While I'm sitting in the passenger seat waiting for my mother to come outside, I put on some mascara and a thin line of eyeliner on my top eyelid. To finish my look off, I put on some lip gloss. I smack my lips as I admire myself in the mirror, when my mom opens the door.

   ”Someone's feeling conceited today!” she teases.

   ”Pssshh...noo!” I roll my eyes at her jokingly.

   I'm glad that we got over the whole argument-type thing from a couple of days ago. It feels really nice to be able to joke around with Mom like that...since it happens so rarely.

   After about 5 minutes of driving, we pull into the parking lot of an old-looking brown and red building. Great. My new school.