Choco Cupcakes

Long time no see! You're probably thinking "I wanna eat something sweet!" Don't worry cause... Baker Caddy is back on her feet! (I needed a rhyme...) I'm back in town with awesome recipes in hand! ;-) Lets bake!

Ingredients for the CUPCAKES:

· 1/2 cup or a stick of unsalted butter

· 1/4 cup or 2 ounces of chocolate

· 1/2 cup un sweetened cocoa powder

· 3/4 cup of flour

· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

· 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder

· pinch of salt

· 2 large eggs

· 1/2 cup of granulated sugar

· 1/4 cup of LIGHT brown sugar

· 1 teaspoon of vanilla

· 1/2 cup of milk

The Fudgy Frosting:

· 2 & 3/4 cups of powdered sugar

· 2/3 cups of cocoa powder

· 6 tablespoons of softened butter

· 5 tablespoons of heavy cream

· teaspoon of vanilla

· any type of chocolate garnish!

(In the end, I'll tell you a few choclate garnish tricks!!!)

Prep It Up! (Cupcake Version)

1. Preheat your to 350F degrees.

2. So, I have a few ways to bake my cupcakes... first way is to use mason jar tops (the exterior) and put your liners in! Or, you can use double the amount of liners. If you don't have liners, use coffee filters! I have been used to substitutes, they get the job done. Potato, patato. Sugar, shuga. Get a way to cook these baby cakes!

3. In the microwave, the butter and chocolate will melt for 30 second increments (stirring every time).

4. Combine the cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking soda and powder in a medium sized bowl.

5. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Slowly add the melted mixture until smooth. Then, add the dry ingredients little by little. Mix thoroughly!

6. Pour the batter into your liners 2/3 the way. Pop them in the oven for 18 minutes, check with a toothpick by poking the cupcake until it comes out clean!

Prep It Up! (Frosting Version)

1. Whisk the powdered sugar and cocoa powder thoroughly. Set aside.

2. In another bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add all the other ingredients slowly and beat until creamy or to your liking.

Tip! Add salt to the frosting of it's too sweet which isn't possible... :-)

3. Frost your cooled cupcakes any way you like, with a spoon or a piping bag. And you can add your chocolate garnish and enjoy!

~3 Types of Chocolate Garnishes~

1. Get a good kind of chocolate that solidifies correctly! Melt it and put a bunch of circles on waxed paper. Take a spoon and spread the dot of chocolate. The result would be flattened petal. Put the chocolate petal on a round surface and let it set. Place these petals into a chcoclate flower!

2. Get a block of chocolate and a sharp knife! Use that knife to make shards or curls of chocolate. For a safer route, use a cheese grater.

3. Spread a thick layer of melted chocolate on waxed paper. Sprinkle your favorite candies or fruits and let it set into the chocolate. Then, break the bark and stick it in your cupcakes!

Yep, this was a long chapter that had a bunch of tips, substitutes, and additions! Like it? I hope you did because I wanted to do something out of comfort zone. Cupcakes. Fact: I do not like frosting, but I love whipped cream on my cakes or cupcakes! By the way, do you ever lose good ideas!? I hate that, so I put my best effort into this with as many good ideas I could gather to make it up to you guys for not writing in forever. :-) I'll keep writing!