Chapter 4

~Keegan's POV~

"Hey. You do too!" I said laughing.

"What?! I do not!" She said surprised. She took out a pink mirror and saw a big glob of ice cream on her lip. We both died of laughter.

It was so nice to see her happy; smiling. She was laughing as if there was nothing wrong. I wanted to make her feel that way as much as I possibly can. Even if its only for 2 minutes. It's better than nothing. I promised my self that I will be her safe place, I will protect her and care for her.

At that moment right there, when I said I will be her safe place and I care for her, I knew, that I really loved her. We have only been dating for about 2 weeks but I've known her for a year. Should I tell her? No way. It's too early. Is it?

----------------------------------

I drive her home and it was pretty quite on the way home. Not a awkward silence, peaceful. She sang some songs, I hummed some, it was nice. As I approach her house I see her dad with a half drank vodka bottle and talking to a flower pot. I knew he was obviously drunk and hell.

"Come stay at my place... For the night" I blurt out.

"What?" She said. I could see the excitement in her eyes.

"Come stay at my place. We have a extra pull out couch in the basement. Please Ali. I don't want to leave you alone with him in this condition." She looked out the window then looked back at me.

"That would be awesome." She said with a beaming smile. "Will your mom mind?"

"She knows you, and she totally adores you. She thinks you are a pretty little 'rose' as she says." I told her. My mom is a really great mom. She isn't embarrassing and pretty laid back. My mom has long blonde hair and brown eyes but sometimes changes to hazel.

I only love with my mom because my dad served in the military. He died in a battle when I was about 3 years old. I didn't really know him (because I was so little), but my mom always says I look just like him. I have a picture of him and my mom in my wallet on their wedding day. And mom is right, I do look a lot like him.

My mom was devastated when he died. But after time, she knew that he was in a better place and he was looking down at us and protecting us (me and my mom). And I believe that too. I really love my dad, and I hope I'm making him proud.

-