hobbit hair

"Raindrops keep falling on my head," I sang quietly to myself as I walked down the boring street from my boring house in this boring village in this boring life. And it was raining. "Just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed."
The sky above me was grey.
"Nothing seems to fit."
The rain began trickling down the back of my tshirt, to my neck, all the way down my spine, making it tingle.
Then I saw something else that made my spine tingle.
"Raindrops keep fallin' on my head.
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red," I smiled as I sang. "Crying's not for me."
I crossed the road to be greeted by a yellow raincoat and a pair of black Doc Martin boots.
"Cause I ain't gonna stop the rain by complaining," Phil grinned back at me.
"Hey Froggy!" He said, happily.
"Hey," I said back.
We began to walk.
He stuck out his hand, gesturing for me to hold it.
I scoffed.
"No homo bro," I said. He rolled his eyes at me. "My hands are cold though so.."
I grabbed his hand.
Our fingers interlocked.
"God, your hands are cold," he said, putting both our hands in the warmth of his pocket. "You really should be wearing more than just a hoodie in weather like this, Froggy."
"Sorry Mum. I just prefer not to walk around shining as bright as the bloody sun." I said, gesturing to his bright yellow rain mac.
He laughed.
"Well, why shouldn't you? The sky's grey, you gotta have some sunlight from somewhere!" He said.
God, he was adorable.
I wanted to say something about him being my sunshine and that he was the light of my life.
But that would have been incredibly cringey.
"Winter's so shit. Especially January." I mumbled.
"Yeah, I guess it is. Except the most important day in the world is in winter." He said.
I furrowed my eyebrows at him.
"And what day is that?"
"Guess!"
I thought for a minute.
"The feast of circumcision? Oh wait no, we're past that."
"Guess again."
"Phil, any slightly important day that occurs in this month has passed." I said.
He pulled his hand out of mine and crossed his arms grumpily.
"You're so rude!" He exclaimed, walking at a faster pace in front of me.
"Oh wait... I mean, it's some dork's birthday this week but that doesn't really count for much." I said, smirking at him.
He turned round, ran over and hugged me.
I slowly hugged him back, grabbing him as tightly as I dared, breathing in his scent.
"You didn't forget!" He said, happily.
"Of course I didn't forget, I am a very good boyfr- person. A very good person. I am. Me. Yes." I felt my cheeks go red.
Phil looked at me blankly for a second before smiling and grabbing my hand.
We began to walk again.
"A very good person. You are. You. Yes. And I hope you, my good person, stays my good person for a long time." He said.
I looked at my shoes and smiled, blushing again but for a different reason.
"That sounds nice." I said.
"It does, doesn't it Froggy."
I looked up to him.
He looked back at me.
We were at the treehouse now.
I climbed up first.
He went after.
We got into the blankets.
He put his arms around me.
We watched the rain drop from the leaves and listened to it fall on the roof above us.
Pit pat pit pat.
"Your hairs gone curly." Phil, mumbled.
Shit.
I ducked under the blanket to cover up the mop on my head.
"Don't look at me. I'm a poodle." I groaned.
I felt Phil's stomach rise and fall as he chuckled. He then ducked under the blanket with me.
"I like it." He whispered, kissing the top of my head. "And if you look like anything you look like a hobbit. A very tall, cute hobbit."
"My hobbit hair." I whispered back.
"Yes." He whispered, smiling.
"Why are we whispering?" I whispered.
"I don't know." He whispered.
"Okay." I whispered.
"Hey, guess what?" He whispered.
"What?" I whispered.
He whispered something but I couldn't hear it.
"Huh?" I whispered.
Suddenly, he whipped the blanket off of us and shouted at the top of his lungs,
"I LOVE YOU!"
He then proceeded to place the blanket back onto us and put his arms around me again.
I smiled up at him before leaving a trail of kisses from his cheek, to his neck and back up to his ear and whispering in it,
"I love you too."
He sighed happily and began to gently play with my 'hobbit hair' with his right hand, his left hand firmly round my waist.
My head lay on his chest.
I could feel every one of his heart beats against my cheek.
I could feel every breath he took.
I closed my eyes in contentment, listening to the raindrops fall around me whilst in the arms of the sun.

Because I'm free.
Nothing's worrying me.