18

2 years later
"So... this is it."
"Yep."
Silence.
Phil stood in front of me with his car keys in his right hand, leaning on his car that carried almost every possession he had.
Packed up.
Ready to go.
He hadn't changed much since I first met him. He'd cut his hair slightly shorter but he still had it in the same fringe as me.
He'd grown slightly taller but I still towered over him (by like an inch).
His eyes were still the amazing, confusing colour they always had been.
"I'm going to miss you so much, Phil." I whispered, tears forming in my eyes. His face fell and he came and wrapped his arms around me.
"Hey, you know I'll visit you. I'll come see you all the time. Whenever I can. I promise."
He didn't.
I nodded through my tears.
"It's just... think of everything we've done together. When we first met in English class, our first day in the treehouse-"
"Our best night in the treehouse." He said, winking. I chuckled.
"Cherry." I mumbled. He ssh'd me whilst laughing then planted a gentle kiss on my cheek. He took my hand and put it on his heart.
I felt every beat.
"I promise, I'll never forget them Dan. I'll keep all of it in here. Forever and always." He said, stroking the part of my cheek that he kissed.
I nodded again.
"Okay. Well, see you later student." I said. He smiled.
"Uni only lasts three years. I'll come see you as much as I can. But you promise to come see me too, okay?" He said.
"Yes. Of course. Even though we're going to be living in different sides of the country, we'll make it work." I smiled tearily.
He bit his lip.
"I love you froggy."
More tears fell.
"I love you too, babe."
He hugged me so tightly I could barely breath.
I didn't want to breath.
He took my breath away every time I saw him and I didn't want it any other way.
He pulled away, sighed and got into his car.
He turned on the engine and pulled out into the road. As he drove off, he beeped his horn twice.
I waved until I could no longer see his car and I still carried on waving after that.
It took it five minutes of constant waving until I could bring myself to go back inside and face the few months I was going to have to bear without Phil before I saw him again.
That's all it was going to be, right?
Wrong.