⇒ Prologue

Prologue

The strange thing about life, you always tend to find out something new about yourself. It's a weird feeling when you figure out that throughout your entire life, you shouldn't have even been you. That if one simple thing didn't happen in your life, it could be completely different. Think about it. What if one mistake of your past, whether it was your mistake or the mistake of others, never happened? What if, instead, something different happened? Where would you be?

I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be sitting in the passenger seat of my dad's car, I wouldn't be eating Cheeto's whilst jamming to an old song on the radio, I wouldn't be throwing Cheeto's at my dad as he tries to drive.

If one thing, one thing, didn't happen, I would be somewhere else. I would be sitting in the backseat, because I would have a mother sitting in the passenger, and I probably wouldn't be jamming to music because I would be talking to her and my dad laugh and joke and tell stories. Or, we wouldn't be in the car at all and instead be at our house and bake cookies or play soccer outside.

Its kind of funny, isn't it? How one thing has a ripple effect on everything around it.

But, here we are, on our way to another new life. Maybe this time it'll be different. Mystic Falls could be the last town we go to, our new home.

I hope.

⇒⇒⇒

Don't forget to vote and comment!