Chapter 2

Ruby's POV 

I sat across the table from my mom who was setting the table. My father sat next to her, my uncle sat next to my dad, who sat next to my aunt, who sat near my grandparents, who sat next to my little brother and sister.  As you can see I have a big family. My mom said grace in spanish and started passing around the food. 

"So Zayra, when do you want to go dress shopping?" my mother asked, my mom call me by my middle name, Zayra, plus my mom doesn't really like my first name, my dad chose it. 

"Um soon, Mama how is your book coming" I said trying to change the subject. My mom is a very famous book writer, that's why we live in a big house and can afford for some of my family to stay here. 

"Muy bueno, it's about a life of a girl who is force to marry a another man. Then she falls in love with his brother, oh how it makes the heart yearn'" my mother said gazing up at the ceiling. 

When she said "she falls in love" I couldn't help think of Joshua. He was kind, freindly, smart, and pretty athletic if I do say so myslef. It wasn't like I just want to use you crushes, it ws I true crush but everyone knows he has a thing for Christie. I knew though he would never ask me to homecoming. My spirits finally went down and I was in a sad pity mood. 

"Mama forget about dress shopping, I don't even feel like going anymore" I sighed

"Oh baby" she said trying to comfort me, then she turned to my aunt and said something to her that was too soft for me to hear. "Si" my aunt said. "Puedo ser excusado de la mesa? (May I be excused from the dinner table) Por favor" I said. 

My mother just shook her head yes. "Gracias" I said leaving the table. I ran upstairs to my room. I had a king size bed. The bed cover had cheetah print and a big flat screen t.v. was hanging across the bed. I had blue bubbles and a mural of me when I went to Puerto Rico. My room was pretty big and had many comptuers in it. Made for a rich girl. I sat on my bed, I grabbed one of my laptops and checked facebook. Joshua was one, just my luck. 

R: Hey

J: Hi

R: Wht ya up 2?

J: nothing much, in my room eatin dinner, u?

R: nothin, in my room too

J: cool

R: yeah, so do have a date for homecoming yet?

J: nahh y?

R: just wondering, thought you b goin with Christie

J: I mite... i haven't asked her, yet. Actually I haven't  tlk 2 her yet all week. 

R: yeah me 2, I mean I have but not a lot though..

J: Yeah, wanna call her? 

R: Um maybe she's really busy, let's leave her alone for awhile

J: dn't you miss her?

R: yeah, but my life doesn't depend on her 

J: wht u tryin 2 say..?

R: omg nuthin! am juss sayin, u worryin bout Christie 2 much

J: No I Dn't, I have a life..

R: yeah but it obiviously mostly bout Christie

J: NO GURRL

R: YEAHH BOYY