Struggling with the news

Grandma! Okay calm down explain to me why your crying!
"Your mother. Your mother she—"
Grandma! Why did she hang up on me? I'll ask dad since he's home from work.
Dad, grandma just called and she said something about mom, but she hung up before she could even finish.
Just as I finished those last words tears starting rolling down my dad's cheek, so then I knew something was wrong.
"That's because, she died sweetie."
What?!
"Honey I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but it's been on my mind and—"
Forget it dad. Just forget it I can't believe you would keep this a secret from me like you don't even care and act like nothing happened if I came home from school to talk to mom and you would lie.
"Hazel, sweetie, I said I'm sorry what else do you want me to do?"
I know what I want you to do. Go to hell.
"Just because your mother died, you don't think I'm hurt too? But you better watch your mouth, because I'm still your father and you have each and every right to respect me no matter what."
Bye I'm going to Aaliyah's house.
**Aaliyah is one of my best friends since pre-K as well as Maykayla, Mia, and Kiera.
They were all my best friends we always hung out together. Trouble or not trouble. And me, Aaliyah, and Kiera lived in the same neighborhood so we would get together and go to parties.
"Oh no your not going to Aaliyah's house. That girl is trouble!"
No she isn't! You don't have any right to tell me who is trouble and who isn't.

"Hey Hazel what's up!"Aaliyah said reaching her arms out for a hug.
Nothing.
"Oh something is wrong I know you, best friends forever you can tell me."
Well my mom died and my dad has been keeping it a secret from me.
"Oh my gosh Hazel I am so sorry I didn't know I love you and I hope you're going to be okay."
Thanks Aaliyah I love you too.
"So there's a party tonight over at Chris's house. But that bitch Tiffany and her bitch friends will be there."
"But the good news is Bradley will be there so maybe y'all could hook up you know. "Hook up."
Aaliyah shut up. We both started bursting out laughing so hard we started crying.
I guess I'll go. It's Friday so oh what the hell.
"Yay I got you to go!"
Yeah. So where is it?
"San Diego, California."
Oh hell no. I'm not going all the way to California for a party are you kidding me?
"I wish I was but oh Hazel don't be a part pooper it will be fun I promise."
My dad might worry about me.
"Don't worry about him. He kept a secret from you, and plus it's your life and your about to graduate. No, we are. And we'll be together in a dorm doing whatever we want."
You're right Aaliyah. I don't care what he thinks I'll go to the party anyway.
"That's right baby."

See what happens at the party and see where Hazel wakes up to and wakes up with...