Chapter 21

Days went by weeks and there was no sign of Ray at school, his hood and his crib. Lucie thought Ray left town after what happened between them. She tried calling, texting and inboxing him on Facebook but there were no replies. Brian didn't know that Lucie was in the dark about what had happened to Ray a couple of weeks back. Lucie thought Ray never really loved her because of the way she thought Ray had departed. She spent almost every day in bed thinking about Ray crying herself to bed and she was also in some sort of hunger strike. She hadn't had a Chocolate Chip ice cream ever since Ray left. She missed every part of Ray.

***THE LETTER***

MY DEAREST LOVE

I wrote this letter with a broken heart and a severe scare on it. Lucie I know I have hurt you a dozen times. You are probably wondering where I am right now, I know you think I left town and that I don't love you. Truth is since I couldn't make you happy but could make you cry I figured leaving this world so you could have a great life was best. I know you are still trying to figure out what I am saying thing is Ray is no more. I gave up my spirit so that you could be happy, I know you won't believe this but it's true. Lucie I failed to show you how I feel, I never told you this but I was supposed to 'I would die for you ' those words I always had in mind but I never got the chance to tell you. So that's what I did, what happened a few weeks back 'I died for you' maybe now you know that I really loved you. I know you loved a chocolate chip ice cream and you probably haven't had one in weeks, I think you should have one just so you could celebrate my absence in your life and this world. Again Lucie I Love You.

Until we meet again
Until then
Goodbye...

Your Love
Ray

********************

Lucie

Ray left me all alone in this empty and cruel world. I failed to consider his plea. I turned my back on him without any knowledge of his love and now he is gone. I won't see him again, I won't hear his laugh, see his charming smile, hear his breath taking voice and I won't feel his touch again let alone smell his fruity cologne. I lost him forever. But why Ray? Why? I know I doubted your love but couldn't you at least try and show me how much you loved me before leaving?
Ray you were different and I know I was supposed to give you a chance now I am left alone in this world with no one, no one Ray! Why did you leave me? Why? I find it hard to believe that you are no more. Ray please forgive me for my cruelty, will you?

With those words said Lucie was awaken from a nightmare........

Ray's letter wasn't a pleasant one.

What's going with Lucie?

And the nightmare?

To be continued....

Love always
Enhle xoxo