Chapter 40

Ray'POV

The Date....

Nothing was as exciting and exquisite like hanging out with Lucie. The only girl I ever loved. I failed to show her how much, failed to make her smile, failed to make her chuckle, sadly I will never get the chance to express my love to her, see her smile or hear her laugh ever again. She was supposed to be here with me, where she belongs but no, I messed up! I fucken messed up. I gave her up because of my damn ego. I am so fucked up!

As promised I asked Anne Hathaway out on a date and I regret asking her out. For the past weeks that I have been dating her, I've discovered that I will never love her no matter how hard I try she will never be her, her kiss will never be sweet and refreshing, her hair will never smell like vanilla, her(Lucie's) English accent will always excel, making the words that fall from her mouth sound perfect. Maybe I was too blindfolded to realize what I was doing to her it's a pity I only realized the damage I have done only when I had lost her.

So about the date with the infamous Anne Hathaway....

"Hey beautiful " I try to sound cheerful as I try being romantic to my " so-called girlfriend ".

" Hey" She leans in to kiss me, bile rises up my throat at the thought of her kissing me. I quickly dodge her kiss.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to really " She says, then she looks down to her feet, clearly embarrassed by the affectionate action.

" It's okay" What the hell was I thinking dodging her kiss, now she will pick up the fact that I don't love nor like her.

I lean into her and place a small kiss on her lips, and she attempts to smile but her face quickly goes cold and her mouth is slightly open, a facial expressions that gives me a hint that she is looking at someone. I turn to look around and standing there is an angry and disgusted Brian.

I attempt to start a conversation with him.

Ray: Hey buddy
Brian : Don't you dare 'hey buddy' me
Ray: I can explain
Brian : Explain huh? You backstabbing bastard... Before I can even respond to Brian, his fist connects with my jaw.
Brian: You have the nerve!... And he walks away

Anne: I am so sorry Ray, I don't know what got into him
Ray: He is just pissed
Anne: Are you okay?
Ray: I am okay but my jaw hurts, he packs a mean punch
Anne : Sorry, let's go home it's getting late
Ray: Our date?
Anne: We will do it some other time, right now let's get you home.
Ray: I am sorry he ruined our day
Anne :it's fine, as long as you are fine I am happy.

I am glad I didn't get to spend some more time with her.

I then walked her home.

Anne : Thanks for walking me home Ray: It's nothing really
Anne : See you tomorrow then?
Ray: Yeah, I'll come by
Anne: Okay cool
Ray: Goodnight
Anne : Night

A quick kiss on her forehead did the trick.

The so called 'date' didn't actually go well and for God's sake I think I agreed that we would go for another date. How stupid of me.

And to think of what happened earlier, her attempt to kiss me was so embarrassing but I had to make her feel better by kissing her. It wasn't so bad though, actually it confirmed to me that no one can beat Lucie's kiss.

So the date wasn't really a date..

**************************************************

Do you think Ray deserved that punch?

I think he deserves a good hiding for backstabbing his friend.

What do you think?