Chapter 7

I woke up to the sound of my phone notifying that I got a text.

I picked up my phone and saw that the time was 10:30 and saw a text from Katrina.

Katrina: where are you?! I've been looking everywhere for you at school and I waited for you this morning because you said you would walk me to school.

Oh my goodness! I look around me and see that I'm still on the couch from yesterday. I guess Kat left late last night and I didn't wake up.

Me: good thing you texted me and I'm so sorry about this morning. I'm still on the couch from yesterday and didn't have my alarm clock obviously.

I shot up from the couch and then steadied myself since I got lightheaded from getting up so fast. I went over to my room, changed, brushed my teeth and put plenty of cologne since I won't have enough time to shower and make it to my third class.

I jump into my car and drive to school. It's our 10 minute break right now so everyone is every where. I went over to my locker and picked up my things Katrina was waiting there for me.

"Hey Kat, I'm so sorry about this morning." I took her into a hug.

"It's alright. I guess I should have texted earlier. We can't hang out tonight. I am going to one of Carlee's recitals and then after going to her house for supper." She said sadly.

"That's all good. How about I take you out somewhere fancy tomorrow?" I ask.

"That sounds great I look forward to it."

"Ok, I have to go to class. Calculus is across the school."

"See you later."

I leaned down to kiss her on the cheek and she accepted it.

Once I got to my class I saw Josh and he gave me a questioning look. He is in my class before this one. I mouthed to him 'slept in' and he nodded.

The rest of the day dragged on and when the final bell went pretty much everyone jumped up to rush out if class. I guess that's what a long weekend does.

I went to find Katrina but couldn't find her anywhere. I guess she left quickly with Carlee.

I started walking home and was thinking about what I was going to do today. Caleb and Jordan both have a hockey game today and Josh was going out of town for something.

"Troy?" I heard someone shout behind me.

I turned around and saw that it was Brody. "Brody, hey what's up."

"Just walking home from school. How about you?" He replied.

"Same, didn't your school let out like half an hour ago?" I say as I take out my phone to check the time.

"Yeah well, it just so happens that Aleah goes to my school. She just moved here on the weekend and is in my class! She went to the beach yesterday with one of her friends."

"Ooo so what's happening between you guys?" I ask

"Shut up. Nothing." Brody says shyly. "Well never mind that's a lie. We are going to see a movie next weekend."

"Awesome man, hey want to hang out? Your sister is with Carlee today and I have nothing to do." I ask.

He agrees and we walk to his house to drop off his things.

Once we get to my house my mom is home and just made cookies. We raided the kitchen and went up to my room.

Brody immediately went over to my games and started to play his favorite.