Chapter 5

Once we get into my car and start driving to the beach I start talking.

"Did you say before that this is your first time to the beach this summer?"

"Yeah, it hasn't exactly been that warm yet." Kat replies.

"Well, yes, that makes sense. But me and the guys every year, go really early in the year and swim. We also go to the beach lots. Caleb, Josh and Jordan all like the girls at the beach. If you know what I mean." I say.

"Yes I know what you mean. Guys are kinda stupid sometimes." She says laughing.

"Oh, gee thanks."

"I didn't mean specifically you."

"Yeah, yeah sure."

Katrina just laughed. We talked about a bunch of things until we drove up to the parking lot for the beach.

I walk around to Katrina's side and open her door for her. We walk to the beach hand in hand and find a spot on the beach. The beach isn't too full since its early summer.

We go to the mini restaurant that they have there and pick up some things to eat. We eat quickly and walk back to our stuff on the beach.

Katrina pulls down her short shorts that were over top of her bikini bottoms and then un buttoned her shirt. Her bikini is read and she is looking pretty hot right now.

How did I get matched up with her?

Katrina takes off running into the water but stops quickly once the water reaches her mid thigh. She takes in a breath quick, apparently the water is cold.

I run in and pick her up and flop down into the water. The water isn't that cold.

When we come up from under the water I flip my hair and Katrina wipes her eyes. "Troy!" She yells and splashes me with water.

I splash her back and then dive under water. She grabs my ankle and pulls me back.

We play around in the water a bunch and then go back on shore. We sit around eating some if the snacks that I brought and talked. I was lying on my stomach playing around with the sand when Katrina stood up and put on her shorts.

I stood up to and asked her what she was doing.

"Well since we aren't doing anything I thought we could walk down the beach." Katrina suggests.

"Yeah, sure"

We walk and after a little bit Katrina talks.

"Thanks for taking me here today. I've been thinking alot about my dad because now is around the time that he left 5 years ago."

"I'm really sorry for you, I can't say that I know how you feel because I don't but I can help you get through this." I say comfortingly. I put my arm around her and start talking about more cheerful things.

We have been walking for about 5 minutes and talk about a bunch of things when Katrina asks me a question.

"Troy, how did you come across me to ask out to pr-"

"Troy!?" Someone yelled from behind us. I knew right away that it was Josh. It was a good save from what Katrina was going to say but Josh is not who needs to see us together like this.

I turn around and confirm that it is Josh.

"Josh? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Troy, it's the beach."

"Yeah, I know. Never mind."

"Ooh man, you and Katrina." Josh says as he drags on Katrina's A at the end of her name.