Chapter 3- Invitations

I'm Dedicating this Chapter to _edith26 for giving me an idea on what to do with this chapter (Cause I was going to say Calum but that seems unoriginal now) 

And this is just going to be a filler chapter 'til Later, I'm getting back into writing and yeah. Sorry.

"You've got some explaining to do." I said smiling m. I felt accomplished. Like a new person. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit. mischievously 

But I pulled off spying for once which, If I must say so myself, is a pretty big deal. 

Raini wasn't amused. In fact, She looked petrified. As if she'd committed a terrible crime and I just caught her in the act. 

This kind of confused me. We were high schoolers and best friends, couldn't we be mature about crushes? 

"Um... it's uh... Calum. Yeah. From Calculus!" She flat out lied. Though, It wasn't much of a secret to me that she did have a thing for Calum Worthy.  You should see the way she looks at that boy. 

"It's not him." I said in a slight monotone. "Hand it over." I said putting my hand out. Raini shook her head violently and I jumped on top of her. 

We wrestled over the phone for at least ten minutes. 

I accidentally pulled her hair and I was sure she'd rip my eyes out for that. 

Eventually I pried the phone out of her hand and sat on her lap, holding it out of her reach and scrolling through the texts. 

My jaw dropped. I felt so... betrayed. 

Oh, there I go again, being a drama queen. But you would'nt believe what I saw! 

"Raini, What the hell!" I said, continuing to scroll. 

From: Ross Lynch 

Hey Raini, Sup? Anyways, I need some Info on a girl named Laura Marano, word on the street is you're her bestie xx

To: Ross Lynch

Well the street is correct :) Now what the hell do you want with Laura? 

From: Ross Lynch. 

I like her Innocence. Turns me on.  Now, tell me what you know. 

I stared in awe at the text. 'I like her innocence.Turns me on.I nearly threw up in my mouth. 

I set the phone down and nearly rolled off of Raini's lap. 

I couldn't move. I had basically turned into a statue and out of the corner of my eye I saw Raini staring at me. 

"I'm sorry, Laura. I shouldn't talk to him... or even let him near you at that!" She said. I didn't want apologies though. I wanted answers. 

"Raini." I said stiffly. "What does Ross want with me?" I asked.  Raini looked at me, unsure of her answer. 

"I honestly don't know Laura. But I don't trust him." She replied and I sighed. "But.. He said he would help me out with.. stuff." She added and my head shot in her direction. 

"If this is about Calum, you could've came to me!I'm you're best friend! Not... Not him!" I stood up exited the room. 

Raini called after me but I was already on my way to my room. 

* * * 

I shut my locker and turned to see Kiersey walking towards me. Of course, she wasn't the only one. The Lynch's were right with her and my heart nearly skipped a beat. 

How could such devious people be so breathtakingly beautiful? 

I sighed and contemplated walking to class or waiting for them. 

Kiersey came up to me, Rocky's arm around her waist. Behind them was Ellington Ratli, A family friend, and of course- Maia and Ross. 

I silently hoped the bell or Raini would save me. But unfortunately the world is not a wish granting factory. (TFIOS Reference! Anyone else love that Book?) 

"Hey, Laura!" Kiersey said cheerfully, engulfing me in a hug. I hugged awkwardly back. 

She stepped back and looked back towards the Lynch's 

"Guys, this is Laura!" She said. They all nodded and said 'Hi's' Except for Ross her Smirked at me. I rolled my eyes. 

What was it with boys these days? 

I gave a small wave towards them before looking around me for Raini. 

"Hey um, Have you seen Raini anywhere?" I asked Keirsey, finally giving up.  She shook her head. 

"No. She's not here today." Kiersey told me and I gave a sad nod, getting ready to walk away. But she stopped me. 

"Anyways, Laura we wanted to ask you if you'd like to join us." Kiersey asked me with a flicker of hope in her eyes. 

"I um..." I trailed off.  

"She can't join you, because she's joining us." Garret suddenly stepped in. 

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I think I'm going to stop there. 

Anyways, again sorry for the Long wait. I have to catch up on school I have A LOT of projects and tests coming up and it's not fun. 

But I will hopefully be able to update again by Friday and I have a new Raura Fanfic that'll maybe be up too. 

So, I hope you enjoyed that chapter! 

Also did you see the new Cover?

Okay, See you guys soon! Stay Amazing!

BYE