Chapter Sixteen

Once Jasmine got home, she plopped on her bed and began to relax. She heard a few knocks on her doorway and looked over to a very serious Niall. Her heart almost jumped out of her chest as she quickly sat up on her bed. "Niall!" She exclaimed as she held her heart. She looked at his ocean eyes as her heart started to beat faster.

    "Did I scare you??" He asked as he chuckled.

    "Yes!" She said, giving him a glare as she was still breathing heavy. "How did you get in here??" 

    "Your parents gave me a key, remember?" He said as he held out his bundle of keys. 

    "Oh! Right!" She exclaimed as she nervously chuckled. "So what brings you here?" 

    "I was just looking for your brother. Is he around?" Niall asked as he looked down the hall toward Liam's room. 

    Wasn't Niall mad at Liam? Maybe he felt bad about what he told him a few weeks back. 

   Jasmine's heart suddenly stopped as Niall ran his fingers through his hair. Her mouth fell slightly open. 

    Niall noticed Jasmine wasn't paying attention because she was too distracted from him alone. "Jas!" He said as he let out a chuckle. 

    "Yes? Sorry!" She gulped. "I um..didn't hear what you said." 

   "Do you know where your brother is??" He asked again.

    "He might be at his loft. He has been wanting a lot of alone time lately."

    "I'm just feeling very sorry about what I said to him. He was right. He is only doing what's best for our land," he said as he sat on the bed next to Jasmine. 

    Jasmine slightly smiled at him. "Would you like to go for some ice cream?" She asked, trying to lighten his mood up. 

     Niall smirked. "Well, you know, I was thinking wine, but I realized you're still underage," he said as she let out a giggle. "But good thing I'm in the mood for ice cream," he said with a slight smile on his face.

     Jasmine innocently took him by the wrist and led Niall down the stairs to go get ice cream. 

    That's the very thing that Niall loved about Jasmine. Her innocent love for him. He just sensed it all over her. 

     Jenna took a deep breath before she stepped out of the house. She was still wondering if this was the right timing to visit Liam. "Lord, please give me some type of sign," she voiced out, stressing over the moment. Her heart was beating so hard that it hurt. It would be great if she just stopped and got back in the house. She hopped in Hanna's car and drove it into the woods down the road, the exact route that Liam had taken when he took her that one day. 

       She saw his black Range Rover as she parked right next to it. He definitely was here and it made her even more nervous. How would Liam react to see her? Would he not want to see her? She hopped out of her car and walked a few blocks down until she seen the two wooden doors on the ground that led to his loft. "Oh Lord, you are with me," she said as she silently opened the two doors and climbed down. 

       As she climbed down cautiously, she suddenly felt so much fear in her heart. Jenna sighed as she felt all her hopes of seeing Liam shatter to pieces. She swiftly climbed back up the latter and darted to her car so he won't see her if he was to ever be curious of who was there. As she drove back home, she burst out in tears as a result of feeling the shattered pieces.