A...Spider man?

"Holy crap!" you screamed, seizing your friend's wrist, and pulling him out of the way of a flying car. He landed on top of you, gasping and his face scratched up. You shoved him off, scrambling to your feet, and poking your head out from the corner. This had to be a sick dream, none of this was real. You knew your imagination was wild, but if you were imagining this, you were sick. An enormous bull like robot was smashing buildings and you knew that it was controlled from the inside. How? You were a mechanic inventor who adored robots, and if you were a superhero, you would be able to take this robot apart from the inside out.

You weren't a hero, you were just a college student who almost got crushed by a flying car. What kinda of sicko would build a bull robot to destroy a city? If it resembled a rhino, he or she would be better off leveling the city with much more efficiency. Ugh. You were doing it again. You would be the worst hero ever, giving the villains suggestions to improve their inventions. You would get killed within a few minutes.

You ducked behind your cover once more as another car flew past your nose. You watched as a red suited man slam into a bus and fall back down on his hands and knees. He looked almost like....Spiderman? No. Spiderman was red and blue. He was red and black. And he seemed to have more muscle than Spiderman. You smacked your forehead. That was the one thing you really noticed? His muscles? You rushed out, oblivious to the danger you were putting yourself in. Ducking between cars, and stepping over rubble, you made it over to him. He grunted, pressing the heel of his hand against his head. He shook it a few times, then glancing over at you with shock. A large piece of rubble flew towards you two and you felt him grasp your waist and shoving you out of the way. He landed on top of you, releasing you quickly. You noticed he had the same sort of eyes that Spiderman had, but they were red and his entire mask was a solid black. He narrowed his eyes, getting off of you.

"What are you doing?" His voice was gruff and gravely. "You could have gotten yourself killed."

You blushed slightly. "I was trying to see if you were okay. But, couldn't you have just let me get smashed? I would have been out of your way then." You blush faded as quickly as it started, replaced with a look of harshness. You matched his look, taking a step away.

"You're right," he growled, crossing his arms. "I could have. But I would've gotten a lecture from Spiderman. But I'm working on trying to be nicer."

Your teeth clenched furiously. "Oh, so if you weren't nice, I would have been squished?"

He raised his eye brow behind his mask, questioningly. "If you put it that way, pretty much. When you put it like that, you make me sound like a bad guy. I just saved your life."

You shoved him away with a forceful push. But he only stumbled an inch backwards, chuckling at your attempt. "Wow. Weak and stubborn. You really gave me a fright."

Before you could unleash your fury, Spiderman dropped down from behind you two. "Scarlet, we destroyed the robot." He paused, glancing at you. "Who's that?"

Scarlet shrugged, nonchalantly. "Some chick I saved." 

You glared daggers at him. "I have a name."

"Oh?" he asked, not bothering to look at you.

"It's [Y/N]," you spat, lunging forward. You were hoping to gouge his eyes out with your nails, but he easily caught your wrists. You thrashed, kicking wildly. He held you easily, giving you a look that said "Are you done yet?"

"Yeesh, Scarlet," Spiderman said, from behind him. "I don't think she really likes you."

He laughed sarcastically. "If she didn't like me, why is she trying to attack me?"

You manage to get a gob of spit on his jaw, growling. "So, you're arrogant and idiotic? Great. Let go of me!"

He narrowed his eyes, picking you up by your waist, and tossing you over his shoulder, like a sack of potatoes. You screamed, thrashing furiously as he extended his wrist and a long line of web stuck to a high building. He pulled himself upwards, and the sudden thrust forward had you clinging to him desperately. You were terrified of heights and you really didn't want him to drop you. He seemed to notice this and chuckled.

"What's the matter, babe? Scared of heights?" he taunted.

You hissed at him, digging your nails into his muscular shoulder. "I'm not telling you, idiot." He winced a bit at your nails in his shoulder. 

"I can tell we're going to be best friends," he growled with sarcasm.