Chapter Two- Him.

{Chapter Two}

"Have a fun day! Love you!" I heard my mother yell as she pulled away. I'm so tired that I don't even have the energy to wave goodbye or move from my spot, so I just watch her drive away. I don't know what she thinks I can do exactly, at Seven O'clock in the morning that's even remotely fun. Once her blue Volkswagen is out of sight, I head for the school doors. Sometimes my mom having a nice office job is the worst thing in the world. Her boss gives her these horrible office hours, and I have to suffer too.

"Hey Olive!" A voice shouted. I look around but I see no one, so I keep walking. "Dear!" I stop again.

"Um yes?!" I said a little scared. Oh gosh what if this a ghost trying to reach me from the other side! I franticly looked all the way around me. I feel paranoid. I stop my spinning shortly and my vision becomes a little blurry.

"OOOLIVE! In here!" clink, clink!

I look up at the school doors and see a very bushy haired and wide eyed Mrs. Liston waving at me. I smile slightly. Jeez today isn't my day. I push open the black metal doors and she's patiently waiting for me in the lobby of the school. "Were you the one calling me?" I question just to make sure. She nods. "Okay great, because for a moment I thought I was going crazy." I bit my bottom lip before I spill more of my irrational thoughts. She chuckled. Mrs. Liston it is way to early to be that perky.

"Ha ha someone's still tired." She adjusted the stack of files she had in her arms while she smiled wide. Why do I have a feeling she has a ulterior motive? Maybe because I've never talked to her outside of class. "David missed you." (And also because of that.) She casually says as we were teaching the library. I swear my heart sped up at the mere sound of his name. Why would be miss me? How would she even know that?

"Where is he?" I ask changing the the subject.

"He's over in the back, I think he's . . . . Doing something. Okay well have a nice day!" She left me and walked straight in to her office shutting the door behind her.

Strange. . . I shake my head and go looking for him. When I round the last book self I find him, He's sleeping. His head is resting on his arms and his laptop is wide open in front of him. Ha ha oh my gosh he's drooling! Laughing quietly I pull out my iPhone and snap a picture of him. I then set my bags down and go behind him. "HEY!" I shout as I grab his shoulders.

"UH-MOP!" He says as he sits straight up gripping the table hard. Meanwhile I'm barley standing, Im laughing so hard I can't breath.

"Mo-op? You . . You said m-op. HAHA what the hell." I clutch my stomach. My knees give so I fall to the floor. I stop laughing, and rub my elbow. "Ouch." I glance up at him.

"Are you done?" he asks sounding not so amused. I nod, smiling wide again. He leans down and helps me up but just as soon as I'm almost on my feet he lets go. I stumble back and end up on the floor again.

"Real mature, Dave." I say not even attempting to move. "Hey! -I point up at the ceiling- Did you know there's gullible written on the ceiling?" I ask trying to seem curious.

"Really, where- ha ha very funny. Now what do you want?" He replied dryly. I couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that he fell for that. I pull myself off the ground and sit down.

"Jeez do I have to have a reason to see my god like friend Dave?" I point out.

"God like?" He asks, tilting his head sideways. Shit! "You think I'm god like?"

"God? Whaat? No, I said good." I say trying to avoid the fact that I called him a god to his face! Ugh I should really plan out the things I say before I let them leave my mouth.