freckles ❁ 18

✕✕✕✕

❁ Barbara opened one eye not moving, she didn't want to get up of bed. But it was her birthday today. She was excited as during previous years of her life, her friends and Belle and Blake would throw her a small birthday party. She lifts the blanket off her body and walks into the bathroom.

She looks into the mirror.

Taking a deep breath.

“ Today is your birthday Barb. You should be happy. ” she said to the mirror as she uses her fingers to pull the end of her lips and tugged them up.
“ Smile.” she whsipered to no one and she smiles into the fogged mirror with a girl with brown hair and freckles.

She couldn't hold it any longer. She knew it was coming , she opened the tap and washed her face as tears strimmed down her face. The mixture of hot and cold water on her freckled face. She looks into the mirror one more time and wiped her face and dried it.

She had planned for this day. She knew it was time. She opened her closet and found the dress she wanted and took unhooked it from the hanger and placed it on her bed.❁

❣ Belle knocked on the door.

" Come in. " she opens the door and sees her beautiful sister who hasn't worn makeup. She didn't want to question as she didn't want to ruin her suprise and be a killjoy.

Belle herself was in a floral dress with a thin white belt and messy bun . And she waits for Barbara to change into her dress and gets her ready.

As she waits , she sits on the bed and scrolled through her phone and Charles texted her. She smiled and typed back.

Then the sound of the bathroom door slipped open and Barbara was in an mint blue short dress till her knees. Belle smiled to herself. She didn't make the wrong choice afterall. ❣

❅ They all waited. They had the balloons hunged around. Ethan was nervous too. He wanted this special day for their first kiss. He waited for some time.

His heart was beating fast, as the door shut closed upstairs. As Belle runs down with a polaroid camera and awaits. He noticed Blake standing by the door frame frowning , he knew. Blake too was in love with her, but she never loved him the same way he would. And then a few of Barbara's friends squealed. He looked up.

A girl who looked like a princess, with a mint short dress with a gorgeous smile and an eager smile.

He breathed in with happiness. His grin widened. She walks down the stairs , he approaches her and handed his hand. She smelt like vanilla and he smiled to himself again.

“ You look cute.” he commented.

“ Oh thanks. ” she blushed.

He hugged her tightly to his chest. He saw her puffy eyes and he knew she was hurting herself again. But she didn't cry this time. Instead, she kissed his cheek.

He smiled goofily. He blushed. Then chuckled.

“ Are you okay?" Barbara asked concerned.

"I'm o-okay.” he replies.

“Barbara! Come over here !" A few of her friends called for her. She went over leaving him watching her walk off.

“ I guess you really care for her huh?" A voice spoke from behind.

He turned around seeing a crossed arm Blake facing him.

“ Uh- kinda.” he replies awkwardly knowing Blake too had feelings for Barbara.