Chapter 25

Samson

She pulls into the parking spot beside me while I wait for her. I'm out of the car and over to hers in an instant opening the door. She steps out and I pull her into my arms, holding her tight. "How did everything go?"

"I'll tell you when we get inside." She responds. I grab her hand and we walk inside to the waiting hostess, who seats us immediately. The waitress comes over to get our drink order and I'm bouncing my leg, waiting impatiently for her to finish so I can find out what happened with her ex-fiancé. He better be her ex. The waitress walks away to get our drinks and I ask again, "How did everything go?"

"It went fine. I walked in on him having sex with my ex-best friend." She laughs. "You should have seen the look on their faces. Stunned would be an understatement."

"Why didn't he come when he found out that you got you memory back?"

"He told me that they didn't tell him. He was very happy to see me though." she responds. "Are you two broken up or what?" I ask straight out. She smiles at me lovingly, "Yes we are. Didn't you hear me tell you that I walked in on him having sex with someone else? It was already over before we had the talk." She grabs my hand and kisses the back of it. I release the breath that I didn't realize was holding. She is officially and completely mine now. I send a big-toothed grin her way, getting out of my chair and giving her a smack on the lips. The server brings our drinks over and takes our order. When she walks away, I speak again.

"That's all I needed to know. The agents gave me my new detail. I will still be guarding you like before. They told me about the mother. Why didn't you tell me that you had a meeting with them?" I ask. "Because I knew that you would insist on going with me. I thought it was going to be a final meeting anyway about how long I had to stay in the apartment. I didn't know that I would be under guard again. I guess that gives me more time to straighten out and merge my lives." She says nonchalantly.

"What do you have to do next?" I inquire. "After we leave here, I have to go and look at my apartment and figure out what I'm going to do with it. I think I'm going to give it up because there is still too much going on to keep someplace where I'm not living anymore." She states. I nod my head in agreement as our food is set in front of us.

We eat in silence for a short time. "Do you mind if we go to your apartment together? I still need to go by my house to get the last of my things out of it. It sold the day that you were kidnapped. We can get it all done in one sitting."

"Sure. I didn't know that you put it up for sale." She says. "Yep. I forgot to tell you. Brock was able to get the couple who I let live there their settlement with the insurance company, plus interest and pain and suffering. Their house was finished a month ago and they moved back in. They left me with absolutely nothing to do to the house except for putting it up for sale. It sold in two weeks." I tell her.

"How do you feel about that?" She asks. "I have mixed feelings. That house is a part of my past that I will never get back, but it's already helped someone in need and someone else will start a new life in it. I hope they will be as happy in that house as Chloe and I were. I'm ready to move forward to my new life with you."

She reaches over and smiles at me, "I love you so much."

"I love you more."

We finish eating and I follow her home, so she can drop off her car. We decide to go to her apartment first. When we pull up, it's more like a townhouse with a door that opens from the outside. We walk inside and it's not dusty as I expected. "My mom and dad kept it up for me all of this time." She reads my mind, "My mom said that she came over once a week to wipe down everything for me."