Happy Together 7

Woke up on monday morning, got my uniform on and left my room to wake Mike up. I found he was already up and had been for a while, longer than me, is what he was indicating. 

We ate breakfast then mum walked us to school. Ivan was waiting for me as usual.

"Im staying in class Ivan."

"Why?"

"Because if im late im going to get punished and me dad wont be happy."

"Oh, then lets go."

I followed Ivan in and we sat at the back of the class. I got out my books and opened to the lesson. 

-------

"I wish lunch break was longer." I said as we walked out on the way to lunch room.

Ivan nodded.

"is something wrong?" I asked.

He shook his head and winced. 

"Whats wrong?" i asked throwing my books down and grabbing him.

He pulled away from me and ran to the bathroom. I ran in after him. He was leaning over to toilet, throwing up.

"Whats wrong?" i asked again.

"My stomach is just feeling bad."

"Should we tell the teacher?"

"No, i feel better now. Don't worry." He said and smiled.

We walked out and got our lunches. Ivan just sat at the table. He didn't look happy at all.

"Whats wrong Ivan? Tell me."

"Nothing. Im just not hungry."

I sighed. "want to go play tag?"

"No, i don't feel like playing."

I looked around and out the window.

"You can go play."

"No im staying with you."

"I don't need you to worry over me. Go play." He said.

"Im eating." I took my sandwich out and bit into it, Ivan looked down at his bag.

"May i sit with you Paul?" Hannah asked.

I nodded and patted the seat next to me. 

"Are you okay?" She asked Ivan, who looked up at her.

"Im fine."

"You look sick." 

"Im not."

"He thr..." Ivan hit me, "Ow, why'd you do that?"

"Don't have to tell everyone."

"Im only telling one."

"So, keep your mouth shut sometimes." His voice sounded angry.

"Fine. If you want it that way." I stood up and with a quick turn of the heal, walked away to my locker.

I never had fought with Ivan in my life. I just cant believe he said that. I didn't think i talked to much, or do i? 

I put my books i didn't need in my locker and shut it, then sat down in front of it. 

"Paul," I heard Ivan's voice and turned my head to see him and Hannah. 

"Don't cry. Im sorry it came out that way, i didn't mean it to sound mean. I just don't want to tell anyone is all, i don't want to go home and have to take stuff." 

"Why owuldnt you want to go home? Id go home if i had the chance." I mumbled and shifted my feet.

He sat down next to me, Hannah took the other side. 

"I just like it here, with friends. Can you forgive me?"

I sniffed and nodded. 

"Alrighty want to go play, um, something that doesn't involve moving?" Ivan chuckled.

"We could play a game on paper." hannah suggested.

"I have a crossword." i told them.

"That cant be easy." Ivan replied.

"Just an idea." I shrugged.

"Why do you have a crossword?" He asked.

"I do, sometimes i like to see if i can do any, but my dad usually helps me."

"Ah."

"We can just go finish our lunch and talk, until we think of something." Hannah said.

"Lets do that." Ivan laughed and stood up, offering me a hand.

We went back to the lunchroom and talked until the bell rang for another class. Afterwards Ivan left earlier then usual because he had thrown up in class, so he was at home now. I had to wait for Mike, mum just came in when he came running towards us.

"Mummy I made this for you." Mike handed her a drawing.

"Very nice Micheal." She smiled and picked him up. We walked all the way home this time. 

Dad helped me with grammar, while mum entertained Mike. Afterwards i turned on the radio to listen to any BBC shows. There was one comedy on. Right in the middle i had to switch it off and go eat dinner. We finished and I went back and listened to another show while i did my math homework. Then, Me and Mike went to bed.