Garroth x Reader ~Main Series~

You were sitting in your room reading over every single book you owned having to do with lady Irene in hopes of aiding Emmalyn and Kenmur. So far there wasn't much information to be found that wasn't already common knowledge. You sighed and placed down the book, this research thing just wasn't who you were as a person. But traveling to the Irene dimension and fast forwarding time 15 years into the future took a toll on everyone's lives. You were no longer a guard, Aphmau was no longer a lord, and Garroth, the man you loved, was stuck in the Irene dimension. Aphmau and her 'friend' Aaron had found a child and had started to raise her when one day Aaron and the relic Aphmau kept disappeared. Phoenix drop went into a total panic searching for a trace of Aaron or the relic. No one found anything. You felt a warm tear form in your eye and roll down your cheek. You just wanted everything to go back to normal. Suddenly, a crash was heard, using the word humongous would be an understatement. It was ear shattering. You wiped the tear from your cheek as you dashed out the door, grabbing your sword in the process. Well.. It was your sword but it had been a gift from Garroth when you had become one of the guards. You kept it with you always. Sprinting down the rough rocky streets you stop at an incredible crater at least a 200 feet in Diameter. Garroth sat next to it, clutching something in his hands. You run over to him and notice it was Aaron's Handkerchief. You looked at him, he looks up at you. "He...was a great man..." Garroth's voice wavered as he tried not to cry. You kneeled down to him and wrapped your arms around him, holding him in a sweet embrace. "I'm sorry." you whispered in his ear. He puts one hand on your back and breathes heavily to calm down. "What happened he- G-Garroth?" Aphmau's voice sounded from behind you. You let go of Garroth, him unable to show you he wanted you to stay there. Aphmau walks over and sees Aaron's handkerchief. She breathes intensely for a second then breaks down in tears, shrieking into the night sky. Garroth stands and walks to you, You grabbing his arm to steady him from his injuries. You brought him to the guard tower in Phoenix drop where you laid him down in one of the beds to aid him in recovery. You removed his armor and patched up his wounds, he now laying in bed with nothing but his undergarments on. You wrung out a soaking cloth of cold water and placed the damp cloth over his forehead. "(Y/n)... You don't have to do this for me..." he says, grabbing your hand as you were about to get up once more. "I know." You say simply, gently removing your hand from his weak one. "Get some rest, you must be exhausted from fighting Zane." And before he could protest, you were gone.

   When you returned Garroth was fast asleep, soundly in the bed not making a single noise. You smiled and moved some hair out of his face, taking the damp towel off of his face. He stirred slightly, his golden hair falling back across his forehead. You chuckled slightly and placed the towel on a nearby table. You stared at him, his face looking so at peace. You placed a hand gently on his soft cheek, and felt them heat up as you did. You noticed his closed eyes twitching and his lips pursing. Calmly you say, "Oh, You're awake." He sits up slowly, you withdrawing your hand, but he grabs it and puts it back. You begin to blush slightly, managing to keep your composure. "Come here..." He says to you, "Lean in?" You ask, "Yes." and you lean in towards him, "Closer." you lean in closer. "Closer." And as you lean in a little bit more, he lifts his head up and kisses you. Not bothering to act startled you instantly melt into the kiss, placing your other hand on his other cheek. They were really hot and nearly burning your hands. You two pulled away and stared at each other, Garroth with lust in his eyes. You instantly feel your face heat up and tears begin to brim them. "I...I missed you..." You tell him, turning away, and bringing your hands into your lap. "Wha... What do you mean...?" He asks, "I was gone for less than a minute..." "You were gone for 4 months Garroth..." You say. "And on top of that, for the 15 minutes we were there to convince you to come back to us it's been 15 years." You tell him everything you knew about it. He stares at you, unable to say anything. "I... I was just trying to protect you all... But now Aaron is dead, Aphmau is in complete despair, and I've caused you pain..." He says, tears beginning to brim his eyes. "Garroth... Aaron saw you as an admirable man and he didn't die for an evil man like Zane... He died for a hero... For a brave, sweet, sensitive, funny man." You tell him, smiling brightly at him. He smiles back up at you, chuckling at your bubbly expression. "I would ask how I got such a great woman to fall In love with me but I guess that's already been answered huh?" He says with a big smile. You lean down and peck him on the lips, "Get some rest dummy." You tell him and get up, leaving him to rest.