Chapter 14 - Angry Mama Wolf

The fact that we were too late was damaging to both Ember and I as it was to Caleb, Demetri and the rest of Alphas and Lunas that had their children stolen. We had promised to come for them, they had depended on us and we let them down.

Ember howled within, demanding to be released, to take her anger out on whatever she could sink her claws into. Pushing her as far back as I could, I stormed out of the place that my child had not too long been in. I couldn't track Felix among the humans, and that in itself was beyond maddening.

I headed for the car, seeing Toby, Caius and the rest of the warriors we had brought standing on guard. As they sensed my approach they all turned and acknowledged me; with empty hands and the need for blood seeping from my pours as well as a sullen mate behind me, they all knew we had come up empty handed.

"Caius" I called.

"Alpha, what is it?"

"Link Conner and tell him to inform Gideon that we will arrive shortly at his place, and to also have that creature out front." I commanded.

Caius nodded and proceeded to get into the vehicle we came in, the rest of our warriors followed suit in the van they had brought. I took deep breaths to keep my control over both Ember and myself, all my anger would soon be released on a deserving subject.

"Alpha Case, what are you planning to do with the puppet?" Alpha Marcel asked.

"Why, I plan to get answers Marcel, I won't be going another day without my child" I growled at the man.

"Then we'll be coming with you" Tyrone said,

When we were all in our respective vehicles, we had once again set out on the road, this time to a different destination. I wasn't planning on leaving without answers this time, I'd get them one way or another and certain death would come to that Void in a matter of minutes.

Caleb had said nothing but his emotions spoke clearly for him, they were screaming at me from where he sat. Furious, hatred and shame came across from my husband, the negative emotions only made the rage inside of me brew. We inched closer and closer to Gideon's pack, the closer the proximity the more the red curtain covered my eyes, the more the blood lust grew, the more Ember demanded.

Darkness grabbed at me, whispering in my ear, tempting me to fall under its spell; taunting me with my desire to kill.

The car had stopped again, Toby was hunched over the steering wheel struggling to breathe, I could see Caius also having difficulty up front while my mate sat stiffly next to me, watching me carefully. Toby would no doubt pass out soon, an Alpha who had no intention of neutralizing the power that ran through them, the one that was clouded by raw anger was never one to be around.

I opened the car door and stepped out, I paid no attention to the few rogues that were outside, instead my eyes zeroed in on the mutt kneeling in front of Gideon. With long strides I reached the two.

"Alpha Case" Gideon murmured.

"Gideon." I nodded curtly.

My eyes never left the sad creature, his master didn't notice he was captured; he didn't care even if he'd left him behind. My claws grew as Ember stood front and center, the darkness tugged at me, and for a moment, I welcomed it. I watched Ember pull the puppy to his feet; I reveled in the cry of the Void as Ember kicked his knee in, the snap of the bone pierced through the back of his leg. Her talons dug into his side, making the warm blood run from him and down her hand, she took pleasure in his pain, prolonging it as she dug her fingers further, harder.

"Where is he?" she asked, her eyes stared into his, challenging the wolf within who thought it was superior.

The animal snarled at her, provoking Ember's patience. She retaliated by pushing her entire hand through his rib cage and snatching one of the bones from the body. Ember lifted her hand and shoved the rib bone in his left eye.

He thrashed in Ember's grip, screaming at the top of his lungs, I could sense the movements of the rogues around, they were crawling away, distancing themselves from the suffocating power. "Please!" the begging of the wolf got her attention; she raised her eyebrows waiting for an answer to her question. The wolf tried to cower but it had nowhere to hide, it true self lied submissively inside.

Fear was crushing the poor animal; he'd never thought that someone other than his master could instill such crippling fear. Ember ground the bone further within the Void's eye socket, her patience had worn thin, she was sick of chasing an outdated prey.

"Master...an island...children...sacrifice..."

"And what's the name of this island?"

"Dominica."

Ember released him before retreating back into the confines of my mind. With the puppet back on his knees crying in agony, it was about time that he was put to everlasting slumber. My anger gave a little as my hand came into contact with his face; the body slumped on the ground as blood poured from the disfigured being.

Turning my attention to Gideon, he had kept a distance and was now staring at the corpse. "Gideon" his eyes darted to mine "I want to thank you for keeping this trash with you for all this time. When this matter is settled be sure to receive a call from me." I turned and marched back to the car ordering everyone to get back to the pack as quickly as possible. This time around, my son would not slip through my fingers.