Chapter three

I walked face down, pushing my way through the crowded halls to my locker. Cara's locker was right next to mine. I opened her locker just to see if her stuff was still in there, it was. Pictures of us taped with zebra and polka dot print duct tape were on her locker door. I took them down, and shoved them in my bag, when I saw a picture of her and Luke. How cute, I thought. He's the one that ruined everything. "Hey, Baylee." I recognized the voice in an instant. I turned around to see the boy I've been in love with since the sixth grade. Luke Matthews. I looked at him without responding. I turned back around to get my geometry book and notebook. I felt so many stings from my cuts as he grabbed my waist. "Not going to talk to me, baby?" "Don't touch me, Luke." I demanded, so frustrated with the boy that ruined my life. I slammed my locker and looked him in the eye. "Stay away from me. I mean it." "Baylee." He cupped my face in his hands. My mind told me not to, but I brought my hand up and slapped him as hard as I could across the face. He let go of my face to touch his own. Kale Roberts, a boy on the football team, that saw what I had done said," hey, I'd stay away from her, she tore the door off a stall in the girls bathroom." I walked away. I didn't care. I honestly didn't. That going around the school is a lot better than something else I've done.

I say through first, second, and third period. I thought about Luke. I also thought about Niall. I was shoving my stuff in my locker when I saw a folded piece of paper in my locker.

"I saw the cuts on your arm. Cut deeper, or go ahead and kill yourself like Cara did. I know what happened. I know it was your fault. I know all your secrets. I know about the Irish boy. I know EVERYTHING."

I grabbed my lunchbox. I can take this. You are going to be okay. You'll be alright. Breathe. I repeated those thoughts in my head over and over. I walked in the lunchroom. All heads turned, every mouth shut. "Who's the Irish boy, huh Baylee?" "Where's Cara, Baylee?" Laughs came from everywhere. And to think all these people used to be my friends. half these guys have asked me out, only because they couldnt get Cara. Comments came from all over the room. "Can we see your cuts?" "Your family hates you." "Why aren't you dead yet, like Cara?" I have had enough. I ran out. I held my tears in for as long as I could. I went to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, then I reached forward and smashed the mirror with my fist. Then I smashed the next one, and the next one. When I heard someone coming. Mrs. Elm. "Of course it was you. Good Lord. What happened to you?" I rolled my eyes at her. She used to love me, I was her favorite student. "Let's go, Baylee." She took me by the arm. The blood from my hand was all over the bathroom floor.