The only safe place I know

(Your pov)

(Your pov)

I was driving down the road I haven't for years but seams like I did yesterday. I was still humming quietly to the soft tune I did years ago. Joker had fell asleep awhile ago but humming keeps him from thrashing around. I finally stopped and look up at the building in all its glory. I know it's starting to come apart but it is still where I grew up.  I slowly picked joker up from the seat while humming still. I quickly shut the door with my foot and went up the stairs of the porch. I put him down in the swing on the porch and opened the door. I picked him up again and brought him to his old bed. Then I left the room.

I went down and looked at how the place was holding up. It looked ok. A few rips and tares in the wallpaper here and there and cracks in the wall from our fullishnissn. I see the memories start to come back as I sit on the floor one by one they come. The good times and the bad. The happy and sad they start to come back slowly. I then got up to go make jokers favorite drink to have after the rain. Hot chocolate. I started to poke around a bit. I used this place as a get away from Gotham city and into the quiet country side. I found what I wanted 3 mugs and packets of coco. Then I went to the fridge and got milk and some creamer for more flavor. Then without turning around I asked "how do you take your coco batman".

 Then that's when I herd the thump on the floor. The he said " how did you.... wah ok I give up you win."

 I then started laughing and said "you may have the bats as a Ally but the dark is mine." 

Then he said "ugh I like mine with extra chocolate and marshmallows if possible." 

"Sure can do" and then I pulled out marshmallows and a bar of chocolate. I then started making it how joker likes it. Even though he's older I still act older then him and take more responsibility. Then I finished and set batman's on a coaster. He noded as a thanks and then I put the marshmallows in with a splash to break the nervous tension. 

That's when he whined " ow that's to hot."

I then smirk and say " then don't be so gloomy." "Oh and when I go upstairs don't follow me like you did earlier." 

Then he said something stupid "why I could just say you were on private property and get you arrested." 

I then smirked and said " no I think it's the other way around. YOU are trespassing on MY property so I can get YOU arrested. This is my old house so you are a uninvited guest. If you want to stay fine but you have to listen to me." Then I leave with the tray and stand and went to joker. As I got there I knocked on the door and said "joker."

Right away he said "come in sis" as soon as I did he said "oh and please just call me jack or bro I don't like you calling me joker." 

I was stunned by two things one he called me sis and two he wants me to call him bro or jack like the old days. "Ok" is all I got to say before he fell asleep again. Oh well we'll talk later I left the room after setting he's food on the bed side table. I'll talk to him tomorrow. Then I told batman to leave or find himself a spear room to sleep. I then went to my room to sleep.