2

I flinched at his cackling as I saw he was handcuffed to the walls old sidebar. I turned my gaze back to the Joker. Something in his eyes.

" You wanna know how I got these scars?" He asked while cackling some more. I stood up and slammed my hands on the table," Goddammit, stop playing fairytale and get your head out of your ass! I know the story."

He licked his lips as the way he habits and started cackling. That cackle has forever stained my mind.

Joker threw his hands up," Can't say the same about you, toots, I don't know your story." He cackled some more before speaking in a low, serious tone." But if I did I would yell it."

He busted out into laughter, as I resigned in the old desk chair. I opened my notepad and grabbed the pen resting above my ear.

He licked his lips some more before noticing what I was doing. I was scared of what he would do." Come on toots, it's not like I'm moving anywhere."

Oh, yeah, he was handcuffed, I thought, feeling like a complete idiot. Just then the doors opened as the dark knight himself came in. I flinched. It's not often Batman would come to Arkham, especially be in the dark cell of the Joker.

              I sat up, bowing my head before exiting the room. Joker yelled out frantically, but sincere at the same time," Thanks for standing up for me toots!"

              I ignored his yell, making my way down the gray tiled floor to my office. I opened the door, rushing to my comfortable desk chair. I sat down, logging into my laptop, jutting down the behavior of Joker today.

I laid back as my good friend Jonathan came in. His rugged brown hair was unkempt today, and his blue eyes still shined brightly.

                In his hands were two cups of steaming coffee. I smiled as he handed me one cup. The steam rose from the cup, as I took in the sweet smell.

" Thanks, Jonathan! You're a lifesaver.", I said in a melodramatic tone. I hugged him as he pushed up his glasses. I pulled away from Jonathan's warm body as he left the room.

I sat in my seat as Batman passed by giving me a quick glance before marching off. I sighed loudly as I looked at the clock. 9:30 am.

     It's going to be a long day.