5

The memory of my parents dying is all just a blur now. The endless screams coming from them, are now faded and almost hushed. That day was when I saw Harleen cry for the first time.

                 Harls always came off as a strong, independent kid. As soon as she started dating that sick fuck, she became weak, like she devoted her life to him. After that, I couldn't bear to see her anymore.

                  Anyway, I hopped off the swing, starting to walk back to my house. The once light blue sky now was filled with mixtures of oranges and pinks. I smiled at the setting sun, as I reached the parking lot.

                   I walked up the metal steps, opening the door to my apartment. I walked in slowly. Something was off in the house. As I walked further in, Harleen was in the kitchen, eating my Pringles.

                    " Harleen Frances Quinzel, what the hell are you doing here!," I yelled at her. She stopped eating the delicious sour cream and onion Pringles, and looked at me." Oh, hey Jennifer, um there was this big outbreak at Arkham."

My hand slapped the top of my forehead before a word was said." Your room has new clothes for you," I mumbled as I walked off." Thanks, Jenny," Harley screamed back. Yeah Yeah, whatever Harley, you always get your way.

I walked into my room. The sound of my phone ringing, filled my ears as I answered the annoying device.

" Yes?"

" Hey Jennifer, I'm just calling to say you don't have to go to work tomorrow."

" Ok Jonathan, Um see you whenever, bye."

" Bye."

                            I hung up as I walked back out of my room. Harley was sitting on the couch playing my PS4." Hey, Harls I'm going to the grocery store. Do not leave this house, ok?" Harley looked up and nodded.

                             I grabbed my jacket and my keys and out the door. I walked down to my parked car, unlocking it on the way. I hopped into the Expedition, pushing the key into the ignition. I sped off to the grocery store.