18

Author's Note:

HELLO LOVELY PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET, I COME BEARING GIFTS AND BY GIFTS I MEAN AN UPDATE

How is everyone doing, by the way? Are you feeling alright?If you are, then that's awesome! 

 If not, then this lil joke might cheer you up, I think. Okay, here it goes:

What's the worst thing about throwing a party in space?

"You have to planet"

hope that joke made you laugh or at least facepalm at the lameness of it all!

Now, back to the story, get your cabbages ready and maybe some cheese, if you want :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously

"You're an idiot, you know, but thank you for telling me, Ash," Calum clapped him on the back

"You deserved to know, besides, I think I'm crushing on Luke," Ashton blushed as Calum let out a weird cackle and then giddily jumped up

"Really?"

"I- I think so, but I still don't know, it's too early to tell, I mean, we only really text and we met like once,"

"Yeah, but maybe you could get to know each other some more,"
Calum suggested

"But what if he isn't intested?"

"Don't worry about that, because you'll see,"

"What?"

"Nothing,"
Calum patted him on the back again

"Okay woah hey, do not awkwardly clap me on the back like we're some pair of male heterosexual pals who go drinking every night and picking up chicks, we're much more fabulous than that, so bring it in," He raised his arms out for Calum to hug him, a dorky grin in his face

Ashton smiled at Calum who rolled his eyes as he hugged his best friend.

"Hey ash?"

"Yeah?"

"You're gonna buy me coffee because I sort of dropped mine,"

"Fine,"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Ashton dropped Calum off at his house, he passed by a small bakery and stopped dead in his tracks, trying not to laugh like a loon. Now, there wasn't really anything unusual about said bakery except for the fact that Luke was standing outside and was currently attempting to...devour an entire cinnamon roll?

Ashton was basically vibrating with barely stiffled giggles as Luke attempted to chew through a mouthful of sweet cinnamon-y goodness. He took out his phone and took a couple pictures before deciding to go over the spot where Luke was standing.

Luke didn't really see him so he bent down and slowly walked near him, almost crouching. When he was finally behind him, he tapped Luke on the shoulder and yelled "WHAT'S UP, DOC"

Luke choked around his cinnamon roll, then turned to face the culprit and promptly swallowed the rest of the cinnamon roll.

Ashton was already grinning, the asshole. Luke could have died when he was trying to eat that roll, and he tells Ashton as much. Ashton gains an even bigger grin on his face.

"And really, Ash? Bugs Bunny?" Luke questioned, eyebrows raised.

Ashton shrugs and looks up at Luke

"What? He was a pretty cool character, I liked him." 

Luke thought that was cute as fuck, okay?

"I just wanted to apologize, for what happened at Michael's house." Ashton spoke, a small blush spreading across his cheeks. 

HE LOOKS SO CUTE HOLY SHIT LOOK AT HIM LOOK AT HIM, Luke's mind supplied helpfully, the traitor.

"Why are you apologizing though?" Luke asked in confusion, thinking back to the day in Michael's house and what could have possibly happened as to why Ashton is apologizing to him.

"Well, I'm apologizing because I sort of fell asleep on you? I didn't want you to feel awkward and uncomfortable about that situation , and-uh, I'm apologizing? Fuck, now I'm just repeating stuff," Ashton laughed nervously and scratched the back of his neck.

Luke smiled at him softly and nodded

"Ash, I didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable in that situation, so there's no need for you to apologize but I do have a question to ask you, if it's alright with you," 

Luke then made a gesture towards the cafe where he'd been

"Would you like to have a cup of coffee with me?" Ashton nodded and smiled at Luke. A smile that Luke would never admit to have made him a tad bit breathless.

"By the way, I'm keeping that picture of you eating an entire cinnamon roll," Ashton said nonchalantly

Luke squawked in protest and demanded he delete that picture but Ashton just side-eyed him with a mischievous expression and said

"Well, where's the fun in that?"

And, if they brushed their arms together while walking towards the cafe, then no one had to know  but them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LASHTON 'S FIRST DATE TOGETHER IOHY MHGOD 

Well no one really mentioned it was a date, but you know, subtext and all that shebang. jUST PRETEND IT REALLY IS A DATE BETWEEN THESE TWO OBLIVIOUS ASSHOLES OKAY BECAUSE I'M IMAGINING THIS IS ALSO A DATE DATE AND NOT JUST A DATE.

SO HAVE A LOVELY DAY EVERYONE AND STAY SAFE, BE CAREFUL, AND ALWAYS MAKE PUNS. START NOW.

Until the next update, loves :)